I am hooked on Cowboy Boots! Are you?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love halters
default_rolleyes.gif
. Just plain nylon barn halters for the miniatures. I have tons! They are my weakness
default_wink.png

Archie digest comics are one of weaknesses!
default_wub.png

Halters and lead ropes! Always need more leads!

Oh wow l am also an Archie fan l think l have about every comic thats come out...this is a little known fact l don't like about me as when l do tell someone they think l'm nuts reading those at my age. But hey before going to sleep there's nothing better then an archie digest and they always seem to keep up with whats going on at the current time..

I am addicted to my Lucchese boots, showmanship outfits and show clothes. I am really bad this year showing so much. Matter of fact, I just bought another pair of boots online about 5 minutes ago to match a new showmanship I am wearing this weekend.

I started wearing 'cowboy' boots about 57 years ago; the pair I was most proud of was by Paul Bond boots, way back when he was FIRST getting into 'being' a boot maker, in the early-mid '50s...they were grey, somewhat rounded toes, and a CREPE sole(what goes around, comes around!!) They weren't much good for riding, though....and I STILL wouldn't want a crepe sole for riding...dangerous.

I can't wear western boots anymore; too many changes in my feet make them uncomfortable. I still have my custom made white boots(I also had a white Stetson and white 'suede' chaps, as part of my show outfit with my first APHA horse, a WILDLY-marked liver chestnut frame gelding.) I am sentimental about them, as they were a gift from my husband. I still have a couple of pair of Justin ropers in colors; at one time, I had four pair, in soft pastels, for my showmanship outfits-that's the only time I wore them, so they are near-mint...I sold a couple of pair at a Horse Council 'horsey' flea market awhile back; need to go back and sell the rest. I won three Bailey hats as high point in our State Fair mini show over several years, and still have them--a taupe, a black, and a silverbelly--which I also used as part of my showmanship outfits. I LOVE a GOOD felt hat; my 'country' driving hat is an ORANGE Bailey that I've had since college(so,about 47 years!)...I ran barrels and poles in NIRA rodeos in it, had it cut down and reshaped by a local hatter, it is now a fedora with a colorful, wide band--and looks as great as ever! My favorite riding boots over the years were Tony Lamas, semi-round toe,with a riding heel.

My FAVORITE footwear is a pair of HiTec hiking boots; they are what I wear around the place/to do chores. I had a pair that I literally wore the soles right off of; had them for about 15 years!!--they held up SO well that I went back to HiTec for more...found these online, and so far, am REALLY pleased with them!

Margo

Archie comics? Robin, I loved them!

Margo, if those boots you think you are going to sell are size 8, give me a call!

Its a sickness, I know!

Robin

I too love cowboy boots! My favorites are a very soft deerhide that are over 12 years old.

I also am hooked on reborn baby dolls!
default_517.gif

Latest posts

Back