I am extremely proud to say that it is official...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
...certificates verifying that I have 'made' not one, but two, Open AMHA CHAMPIONS....AND six Register of Merits(ROMs)-some Open, some Amateur,between the two of them. 'They' are my two geldings: TORREYANAS KIMA SABY, now 20 years old, bought by me as an underweight 'short' yearling--and JESS COWBOYS TOP HAND, now 12 years of age, my first Cowboy Del son, bred by me. I did every scintilla of the training of both horses, both have points in Halter,including Champion and Reserve Championships and a Supreme(as a gelding, for 'Handy'), Driving(both Single and Country, as 'we' all go back to BEFORE Country Pleasure was even offered in AMHA shows-,and for Kima, Roadster); Halter and Driving Obstacle, and Hunter, as well as Multi and Solid Color('Kima' is a pinto, 'Handy' is a solid bay).I have not showed Kima myself for around 7-8 years; he went to AMHA Nationals with a petite little girl,in her first year of showing, around 5-7 years ago,though, and won a couple of Top Tens for her--not bad for an old spook!!(and he IS,still, an old spook-not a mean bone in his body, but not your typical 'laid back' mini, either! His training was a challenge; however, because he came to trust me, he would do about anything I asked-he might do it with eyes as big as saucers(sack of cans!), but he would do it!!

Handy is the laid-back one,but has an endearing smart-alecky streak on occasion! I haven't shown him now for a year and a half; he is now half of my pair-we do parades and such, and are eagerly awaiting our 4 wheeled marathon vehicle so we can drive around the neighborhood and out across the pasture,without worrying that something will 'bend or break'!! (Bologna for years, to pay for it!)

I am ashamed of how long it took me to get around to compiling the points to submit for these awards(though I have to say, every other horse breed I've been involved with-AQHA, APHA, Pt.H.A.-with horses I've shown-kept track of those things; the owner/exhibitor didn't have to....!) Some of Kima's points went back to '86-when I did a point query with AMHA, they didn't even HAVE them--but,as I am a 'keeper',I DID, in the form of official AMHA show results booklets from '86, so there was no problem. (Want to know what was in the AMHA Rulebooks of yore? I have them, every one, from as long back as they have been published!)Now, I am hoping that, in line with the fact that yearly, those who top the various AMHA Honor Roll categories get a big ole silver belt buckle, that AMHA Championships(which take more time, travel, money, effort, AND versatility!) will be recognized by more that just the computer-generated(though they DO have an actual signature of the AMHA pres. on them)certificates I have so far received!! When we made our "Vanity Jo Leo", an Pt.H.A/APHA mare, a Pinto Champion, Pt.H.A., unbidden, sent us not only the Certificate, but a quality wall plaque/trophy, which STILL, 28 years later, hangs in our den.

No matter what, I am very proud of my guys. I love them dearly, and have enjoyed every minute I've spent with them!

With deep satisfaction and joy,

Margo

:aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulations!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations l think that is super.
default_thumbup.gif
:

Congrats, Margo! :aktion033: :aktion033:

When I finally get around to calculating my horses' Champion and ROM points, I might have to see if you could look up some old show results for me--one of our geldings' show results go back to 1984 when he was a weanling (and he is still showing!)

Congrats to u all!!! What a a huge accomplishment. U should be very proud of your guys.

I think you should be darn proud!

Congratulations!!!

Bonnie

BRAVO! Your 2 are pretty special but then again so is their OWNER!

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment. :aktion033: :aktion033:

:aktion033: Congratulations!! That is awesome, way to go Margo keep up the great work!!!

Way to GO! Margo!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations, that is wonderful! I am sorry that AMHA couldn't calculate it all for you, but it was many years into the organization before the show results were computerized.

Latest posts

Back