Hyperbike

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
Could someone post a picture of the hyperbike with out a horse hooked up? For my 4-H demo I would like to show it without a horse since I have a few with horses. I have checked all the forums and I can't find a horseless hyperbike. Any pictures is greatly appreaciated!
default_wub.png
:

Could someone post a picture of the hyperbike with out a horse hooked up? For my 4-H demo I would like to show it without a horse since I have a few with horses. I have checked all the forums and I can't find a horseless hyperbike. Any pictures is greatly appreaciated!
default_wub.png
:
send me your email and I'll send you a picture of mine without the horse in it. I don't have the photo online so I don't know how to post it here
default_smile.png

Tammie

[email protected]

If I don't have one, I can take one for you. Just let me know and I can snap it on Tuesday.

Leia

Ill try to grab one tomorrow if I can.
default_smile.png

I'll look and see if I have one in the meantime.

Did you try the Graham Carriage Works site?

Liz

Here's a website that sells them:

Hyprbike

They show them hitched and horseless...and a few with people standing on the shafts, to show how strong they are. LOL

default_wub.png
:

Yay someone got the link.
default_smile.png

My bike is pictured on this page, the one where they illustrate the wheels and how they go on and off as it's assembled.

If you need a different photo, my bike is out in the barn and I could set it out in the pasture and take pics tomorrow. LMK

Liz

Just don't use the picture on the top of that page, that's the old style of Hyperbike and not the one currently being manufactured.

Leia

Any pictures are welcome. Expecially of all diffrent angles. Im being adventerous and going to make 3 combined driving scenes (dressage, marathon, cones). Which means I have to make tack and carts for model horses (budget says no to buying 3 breyer cart/harnesses and cant find what I want on eBay). And since there is no one in my area that has a hyperbike that I can look at, pictures are welcome.
default_wub.png
:

Well, the turnouts for dressage and cones must be the same so you can sneak by with two identical sets that way. On marathon, as far as I'm aware I'm the only one in the country who uses a Hyperbike! :new_shocked: LOL. So if you are seeking to show a typical scene, it might be easier to model a Frontier cart or the same one you're already using for dressage. Most people use show carts with wooden wheels for dressage/cones and a Frontier for marathon, or a Runabout type for everything, or a metal CDE-style cart with steel wheels for everything.

What makes marathon so different is how the horse is turned out. Colored boots on the big guys with colored pads and a matching colored halter left on under the bridle, the big war wagons have colored wheels and big wedge seats, etc. The minis don't get to have quite as much fun due to lack of available equipment and having a smaller "palette" that's easy to overwhelm, but you'll still often see colored pads and the tail done up out of the way with colored vetwrap. People at Happ's use vetwrap or colored electrical tape to temporarily decorate their wheels and whip, sometimes even the shafts. Mini sport boots have been impossible to find until this year but colored bell boots are common, especially on pairs, and some people decorate their browbands to match as well. Marathon is the one day where function takes total precedence over form. It's whatever works for cart, harness, and how the horse is turned out! For instance mud knots and regular straight vertical braids in the mane are perfectly acceptable to help with dissipating heat. The driver wears whatever is comfortable and coordinates with his chosen colors.

Hope this helps.

Leia

Edited to add: I didn't see Mary Lou's post- those are great pictures! I know someone was asking if I knew of any used ones, I should find out who that was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary Lou,

How comfy is your hyperbike? Its looks like your legs would be at an odd angle? The reason I am asking is ...I am wanting to purchase one. I know Leia sounds like she is really happy with hers...just trying to get the "411" on the comfy factor
default_yes.gif
: before I make the purchase.

also, how does it ship? does it come apart?

thanks lis

As one with a chronically sore back and stiff legs, I can vouch for the comfort of the hyperbike -- I drove for quite awhile and it didn't bother me at all. However, I agree with Mary Lou that it would take more dexterity than I have to be safe with a green horse.

I can also answer another FAQ regarding thhe hyperbike: Whehn driving Liz's Cherry Bomb on the beach, she (Cherry, not Liz!) let loose with a flood, and not a drop came close to me...whew!

Thanks MaryLou, I don't mind at all!

Yes, the Hyperbike comes apart quite handily, with NO TOOLS!! :new_shocked: :aktion033: That's my favorite thing about it. The shafts and wheels come off and then the seat folds up, making it small enough to fit in the trunk of a small standard car (yes, I've tried this). I store mine in my trailer tack room all put together and bungee corded up against the wall.

It IS difficult to get in with a restive horse. The good news is you can brace your knee against it and force the horse to stop! LOL. I've done that more than once and I'm tiny with genetically weak knees. The problem is that you have to step both legs inside the shafts, then sit down, then get your feet in the stirrups. You can't just take a fast step up and plop down like an easy entry. But for anyone who is used to hopping in and out of show carts with a skirt it should be a breeze!
default_thumbup.gif
:

The best person to call for questions about shipping, etc., is Bob Graham the manufacturer. He is excellent to work with and will customize things just about any way you want.

Leia

Thank you MaryLou for the pictures! I want a hyperbike more and more everytime I see them. Have to save up for next year so I can get one.

Leia: what I want to do is to show diffrent types of carts that can be used for combined driving. So I may show an easy entry for cones and show a jerald style cart for dressage and show the hyperbike for marathon since there is an array of carts that can be used. It's also free advertising for they hyperbike :bgrin

Maybe someone can answer another question for me. How are you able to use the pnumatic wire wheels for some CDE's? Everywhere I look up here they say no pnymatic wheels. Im still looking into that by maybe someone can give me their perspective on it. Im wondering if its because of the region Im in, though that shouldn't do anything.

My husband saw Leia's bike and thinks I should get one now! Thanks for the pictures Mary Lou!

Sheryl

I've wanted one since I first saw someone post about them on here. The more i hear and see about them the more I want one.

Thanks for all the pictures and videos, you guys. Even though i wasn;t the one asking I have enjoyed checking them out.

Nybor, that's an easy one. Pneumatic tires and wire-spoked wheels are allowed only at training level at ADS sanctioned events and only if the organizer doesn't specifically bar them due to special terrain circumstances like cactus needles or goatsheads. (Seriously! LOL) Something like that would be preprinted on the premium list.

Anyone above training level will be using steel or wooden wheels, anyone in the geographical areas with environmental hazards will be using them, and most people back East will use them because pneumatics are frowned upon there as unsuitable by tradition. We're more laid back here on the West Coast and you'll see them especially at Happ's because Maureen is trying to encourage new mini drivers to come over from the breed shows and she knows they will have pneumatics. Still, once you get serious about moving up you buy steel wheels and add them to your cart. I did. This is my first competition with steel wheels back in September. Those are 21"- I would have liked bigger but it would have raised my cart too high for my horse.

VSE02.jpg

Here's Kody in the Hyperbike at the same event with the solid rubber tires I will use at Prelim:

HyperbikeVSEDTT0601.jpg

And the Hyperbike itself. This one is customized for marathon with the required red reflectors, seat risers so I can get under there to easily attach my spares bag and number holder, grippy stuff on the stirrups so my feet don't slip when they get wet, etc. etc. Bob is currently designing a single tree for me to add too. Kody has never been sored or otherwise bothered by the lack of one, but I just felt it would be better for the kind of intense extended bumpy cross country use I put that thing to and the Freedom Collar I will be using this year.

Hyperbike01.jpg

Leia

Thank you for the info Leia. It makes more sense on why I can't use the pneumatic wheels up here. Do the steel wheels require a diffrent axel then the pneumatic wheels? I have been told that to put wooden wheels on my easyentry I need to change the axel. Im not a fan of the wooden wheels on the easy entrys (just doesnt look right to me). Is there a good website where I can get the steel wheels? I haven't seen them on a lot of driving sites.

They would be good for me just driving around the yard with the terrian we have here. Lots of rocks, trees, water and lots of other lovely terrian obstacles that we have in New Hampshire. :eek:

Coming in late, but yes, my Hyperbike is comfortable. It has a different seat than Leia's and Mary Lou's, but I've driven it when I was pregnant, for hours and hours. It's all good!

there are some limitations, but really, it is my preferred vehicle.

Liz M.

I just saw this thread, hope I am not too late to share.

I created my own version of the Hypebike for an older, not-so-athletic person, this one is easier to get into, a bit more complicated to make, but it works very well for me and Buck!

It has a 360 degree swivel seat, which also slides back and forth, so you can adjust your weight on the cart for the horse, it has adjustable axels for different height horses, and it has the foot holders built right into the shafts, so you don't have to have your legs up quite as high. But you still get very close contact with your horse. My wife calls it the "Mike-Bike".

1SuperBikec.jpg

1SuperBikeFront.jpg

1SuperBikeb.jpg

1SuperBikeSeat.jpg

1SuperBikeSide.jpg

1SuperBikelegs.jpg

Mike

Latest posts

Back