Humidity Or Not

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
Where in the heck can you live that is beautiful in the summer....not extremely hot.......has no or very low humidity.....is beautiful year round basically.

Is there such a thing?
default_rolleyes.gif

default_hypocrite.gif
I believe that place would be Heaven. Location not available on your GPS, but you can get detailed directions in the Bible. Here on Earth, can't think of any place that doesn't have it's drawbacks at one time of the year or other.

On a mountaintop in Tennessee!

I hate the heat with a passion. Coming from a Floridian, I can't tell you how relieved I was to say goodbye to the humidity. I used to walk from my house to the mail box and come back soaking wet. I miss it a lot and its a beautiful state but I can't live there because I just cannot tolerate the heat. .

The only month we have up here that is really bad hot is August where it will go high 90's. But we do not get the humidity on the mountain. We also don't get mosquitoes up here. We barely get wasps or bees, stinging type stuff but in July we do get those darn face flies.

The spring is gorgeous. I love the wildflowers that grow on the sides of the mountain and the natural beauty. That's when I like to go hiking with my dog and my stallion Nick up the old mountain trails because its so pretty. Autumn is a given; the most beautiful foliage on earth. Our really cold winters don't really begin until January which is when we can get snow and ice and nasty stuff and that is the worst month for winter. We usually don't get more than 2 or 3 inches. I'm not stuck living up here. If I didn't like it I wouldn't have stayed. Its a bit of a time warp, but I wouldn't trade this community and all my friends up here for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Hawaii's climate is about as close to the climate you are asking for. Sooo expensive to live there though.

I hate the heat, i would be thrilled if every day was 75 - 80 with a gentle breeze with sun and a open sky. The humidity is what kills me, it is the worst, after several hours out in the barn all stinky
default_wacko.png

Ohio is not TO bad in the summer really, from time to time we get a day that is just unbearable though. Fall is really nice time of year here i think.

The Pacific NW is about as close to a slice of heaven as you can get.

In normal years, which we've had a couple weird winters of late,

we have very moderate weather.

Everyone thinks it rains here all the time but we've less rain fall

than many other large cities including Atlanta, Boston, New York, Houston,

New Orleans, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. and Miami.

The spring and falls are gorgeous, summers are moderate and seldom

get uncomfortably hot. Humidity is not common. We've no poisonous

bugs, snakes or other nasty critters.

Add the natural splendor with our trees, mountains, lakes, streams,

access to salt water we've everything right here.

Should you like a more desert type climate, go across the Cascades and

you've Eastern Washington's dry climate. But then you get the bugs and snakes.

I love to visit other places but can't imagine living anywhere but here. It's the

complete moderate package.

The humidity here in Tennessee is HORRIBLE!!! OMG horrible.

From say Mid-July to the first of September, it's God awful. You can literally go stand and do nothing in the shade, and sweat, and sweat some more, and sweat some more. HORRID! During this time I get up extra early to feed and do chores and I will wait until as late as possible to feed again.

Where in the heck can you live that is beautiful in the summer....not extremely hot.......has no or very low humidity.....is beautiful year round basically.
Is there such a thing?
default_rolleyes.gif

I don't know but when you find it please let me know!
default_saludando.gif

We used to not get the horrible humidity in the summer months we've been getting here in southern NJ. The weather surely has thrown us for a loop. Weird, weird stuff. And lately we've gotten less snow than usual. Our average snow amount is 14 inches a year. We're under so far with only 2 inches I believe I heard on the news the other day. The summers here used to be hardly any humidity AT ALL. Very nice temps from 72 to 80 and the 90's were unheard of. Now lately we've been in the 90's practically from July until September. Like what's up with THAT? Now we've been getting ice where the snow left off....trecherous to walk in.
default_no.gif

Southern California gets my vote. Weather is the main reason we stay here. Humidity is extremely low and weather is mild for most of the year. We live fairly close to the coast so we don't experience extremes in weather that some parts of the state do. In summer we have an ocean breeze that kicks in everyday around noon. We have about two to three weeks of pretty hot weather in the summer, and of course, we have the Santa Ana winds that come through from time to time. But all in all, our Mediterranean climate is hard to beat. Housing prices have come way down but it is still rather expensive--that's the main drawback. I think no matter where you live there are natural disasters--you just have to pick the ones you're most "comfortable" dealing with.

Latest posts

Back