HPR 2024

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizabeth.conder

Reaction score
Have 3 mares due this year. Figured I’d share their progress now. If you don’t like pics, here’s a good place to stop lol. First foal is due in the next month or so. Last two are probably going to be end of June or early July. I do have my live camera up for those of you that enjoy foal watch. http://www.marewatchers.com/camera/cam/1309

Attachments

• IMG_5195.jpeg
    IMG_5195.jpeg
    534.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5234.jpeg
    IMG_5234.jpeg
    575.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5197.jpeg
    IMG_5197.jpeg
    556.3 KB · Views: 0
Bess (bay roan) is 297 days today and started an udder about a week ago. Making decent progress there but a ways to go. Other physical changes are happening too (softening over hips, losing tail resistance, more elongation and redness). Belle (black) is 207 days. And Rythem (red) is 182 days. Definitely watching Bess closer now and she is wearing a halter monitor due to some suspect behavior the last day or two. I’d expect, and hope, that she has a couple of weeks left but you never know.

Attachments

• IMG_5161.jpeg
    IMG_5161.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5181.jpeg
    IMG_5181.jpeg
Thanks all.

Bess is officially day 300. She’s grumpy and moody. She’s still semi new to me (bought her bred in October). Last night she was swinging her rear and hopping all over. Today she is calm, cool, and collected…that’s a relief LOL. Udder continues to progress. Brix is at 5 and ph is threatening to drop. Losing tail resistance and getting very soft and jiggly over her hips. Since she’s new to me, I’m not sure how fast she usually progresses, but this is definitely the most udder I’ve had with one at this stage. Hoping she’ll hold out another 10-14 days but who knows. Belly has dropped more and shifted forward.

Attachments

• IMG_5330.jpeg
    IMG_5330.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5332.jpeg
    IMG_5332.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5338.jpeg
    IMG_5338.jpeg
I got an update from the lady I got Bess from. We had the wrong dates, she is 10 days further along than I thought, making her 312 days today. She is progressing daily, and I don’t think she has just a whole lot longer. But we will see lol, she may hold out for another two months just to make me eat my words lol. That belly is getting low though, and her udder is filling. Still have a go on the udder, but we all know how fast I can change lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5411.jpeg
    IMG_5411.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5470.jpeg
    IMG_5470.jpeg
WHOOOO Doesn't like pictures?!?!?! Especially when there will be darling baby foal pictures??? Goodness. My best wishes for easy foaling and healthy babies and mamas this year. Can't wait for more updates!

Udder starting to get serious. She’s been butt rubbing more and has some crusted blood around girly parts. Milk is now very hard to get and cloudy white but still testing high. Her mood swings are something else, from lovey dovey to angry, uncomfortable mare-tude at the drop of a hat.

Attachments

• IMG_5572.jpeg
    IMG_5572.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5573.jpeg
    IMG_5573.jpeg
  • IMG_5574.jpeg
    IMG_5574.jpeg
  • IMG_5581.jpeg
    IMG_5581.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Udder starting to get serious. She’s been butt rubbing more and has some crusted blood around girly parts. Milk is now very hard to get and cloudy white but still testing high. Her mood swings are something else, from lovey dovey to angry, uncomfortable mare-tude at the drop of a hat.
Oooo baby's a coming soon! Let's go pony!

Ph has started to drop. She held her udder great yesterday despite turnout. Ph is now 7.5. We will see if she actually gets serious now.

Attachments

• IMG_5737.jpeg
    IMG_5737.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5743.jpeg
    IMG_5743.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Cooking with bacon grease now! PH is still back-and-forth. But we all know that can change in the blink of an eye. Her behavior was all over the place last night, so I’m not shocked about her progress this morning. I tried to upload a video of her belly watching, but it is not working with me. She would go on bouts of about 10 minutes looking at her belly and lifting the same side hind leg. Just back-and-forth and back-and-forth and back-and-forth for a good 10 minutes at a time lol. Now knowing how foal watch always goes, she’ll probably drag it out for the next three weeks lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5835.jpeg
    IMG_5835.jpeg
  • IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5806.jpeg
    IMG_5806.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back