Howdy from Indiana

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ourpairofminicolts

Majestic Mini Mother
Reaction score
Hi to anyone who reads these!
We just got 2 wonderful miniature horses a few months ago, and I've been reading a lot on here anyway since then, so I figured I should join.
My partner and I both grew up with, and riding horses.
After 16 years of horse ownership, I had to give mine up due to a back injury.
That was about 15 years ago now 😳 and I realized that with my partner's help, we have enough land for a miniature horse now! And since he can lift the heavy stuff, it shouldn't bother my back. So we went to look at a 1 year old red sorrel colt I'd found online, and ended up coming home with him, and a grey 2 year old colt!
We are currently working on ground manners, light ground driving training, and have acquired a nice little beginners cart. I'm really looking forward to learning how to drive, and teaching our son to ride and hopefully show in 4H.
20200902_075544.jpg
Our little goofballs. Baron is on the left and Monty is on the right.

Thank you guys! They are adorable, and they're such sweethearts! I could spend all day just watching them, and hanging out with them lol.

I also have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with driving 😊 we're working on ground manners, ground driving, getting them used to the cart and harness, backing between the cart shafts, and (trying to) teach them to lunge line, currently.

Latest posts

Back