How Many? :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Wendy, he'd SO cute! I love him!
default_wub.png
He needs one of those rainbow colored knit hats those cool guys wear over their dred locks!

AWESOME!
default_aktion033.gif

I forgot to mention I was bad and bought a mare this year!
default_laugh.png
I will try to get him the proper hat and perhaps a tied dyed halter also! At the farm where he is coming from (he arrives this coming week), there are 14 baby donkeys. He is the only one that runs from people! Oh, he's going to be fun! I can see it now! We will put him with one mare in the spring. To get him used to the idea of horse mares and for her to teach him some manners. Some donkeys breed as yearlings, and his breeder said to give him one mare. This will be his first gal. She is a pinto mare and very gentle.

blue6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
HMMMM very hard question as I don't actually ever count them anymore. I know who belongs where. And I know I have a boat load of weanling and yearling colts and will be having a gelding party.

We do have 9 full sized horses with hopefully one leaving shortly. With only Jessie riding it is hard to justify that many except I love them:) Rick however isn't seeing it that way
default_sad.png

I do have Treasure, Charming and 2 adorable colts and a weanling gelding in the barn so that part is easy.

Anyone want to volunteer to come over and count have a good time. But when you leave you get to take a colt with you!!!!!!

We now have 6 here as I just sold one mare...

1 black arab gelding- 11 years old, 15'3"-my first love...will never part with him
default_wub.png
:wub

1 mini stallion-A/R 34" homozygous tobiano silver dapple

2 mini mares- both A/R- one 34" silver dapple and one 32" black/white(she is bred for 2010)

1 weanling filly-AMHR 29" bay roan dun

1 weanling colt-AMHR 30" homozygous black/white tobiano

My herd currently stands at three:

1 mini mule molly (first in my herd, and first in my heart!)

1 3-year-old oversized mare (does she count?)

1 B-sized yearling filly

I'm seriously at risk for adding at least one more to that number!
default_rolleyes.gif

Rabbits, now, that's another matter! But don't worry - I won't go there.
default_doh.gif

I HAVE...

1 - STALLION

1 - WEANLING FILLY

1 - YEARLING FILLY

1 - TWO YEAR OLD FILLY

1 - MARE THAT HAS HEALTH ISSUES THAT IS NOT REGISTERED

5 - BREEDING AGE MARES

1 - JENNY

2 breeding age stallions

4 breeding age mares

1 retired 36 year old mare

1 yearling filly

1 gelding

1 thoroughbred gelding who thinks he lives in munchkin land

So we currently have nine minis and one big guy.

This is just a friendly reminder from the Mods. The title of this thread is.........

nav_m.gif
How Many?
default_smile.png
, How many minis do you own?
It is not "How many do you want to sell or who is for sale"! Please remember that any mention of Sales and you will get an official warning. We have a pinned topic on this AND on the Rules page.

Thanks
default_smile.png

LB Forums Moderation Team

Last edited:
3 stallions

1 junior stallion

2 colts

1 gelding

6 fillies

5 broodmares (one is sale pending)

So a total of 18 minis.. Planning on a gelding party for the 2 colts and 2 stallions so gelding number will be going up and still looking for another mare or two for my Doc..

default_wub.png
default_laugh.png
--

I have a nice, even 40......

7 stallions (abstinate, my choice)

2 geldings

4 soon 2B geldings

26 mares

2 fillies...<6 mos.

In reply to questions......"how do you...".....well, I can remember their names (both registered & barn) but couldn't remember the names of 4 people I worked with a yr ago when I saw them yesterday
default_new_shocked.gif
Like Magic, I have most pastured but, a few special needs animals. Since 2 stallions and 3 mares are in their mid 20's, they get extra checks, feed care, etc. The farm has several pastures with run-ins. Most have been with me for many years, some born here as I kept a foal or two from favorite broodmares, etc. They are buddied up and when trough fed they have their own "spot" in the line-up and things along those lines make care easier. Yes, they get a daily visual check 2X day -- hands on about once a day. I've developed a method of working a field or two at a time when it comes to trimming, worming, shots, grooming, etc. You just have a "pattern" and you can be sure that the "herd" knows what it is and you'd sure better follow-it!
default_biggrin.png
My fields are visible from the upstairs of my house.....I have binoculars up and downstairs for quick visuals. Feed baled hay as rounds are difficult for me to move, etc. Heated tubs/buckets are a must, as are the underground cut offs for water. Thankfully, our winters are not normally severe but, we do get some freeze in Jan/Feb mostly. Generally only light snow.

Basically I'm not breeding -- or VERY few, this yrs two were surprises -- may have 4 next yr but, most I've had in over 10 yrs. And I'm not buying -- VERY hard with the economy bringing such awesome ones to the market for such unbelievable prices. I'm 63, so by the time I'm 70, hope to be at 30 head. By then my grandter will be 14 and helping
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif

1 ... singular sensation.

As most of you know all we have horsewise at this time is our 32" stallion, Saber.

He doesn't seem to mind being the only one one bit... but then again he sees our Great Danes as his herd.

When taking him out and about he actually looks forward to meeting dogs.
default_rolleyes.gif

I have 10 Miniatures and want more!!

3 Stallions ( 1, a perlino Boones Buckeroo son, hes such a gentleman..

1 just been gelded colt...

5 Mares

1 filly that i hand reared and love to death
default_wub.png

Stallion (1) and hope to keep one of his son in the future.

Broodmare (2)

Jr. Mares (2)

Filly (1) and our new filly will come here Dec so that will make one more filly. ;)

We have 7 miniatures and hopefully keep a colt out of our stallion in the future and that will make 8.

We are expecting to have 2 foal next year.

My limit is number 8 miniatures is enough for us and hopefully to show 2 or 4 miniatures next year.
default_smile.png

I currently have the following (descriptions of each can be found in my siggy
default_biggrin.png
)

1 Senior Stallion

1 Coming Senior Stallion

1 Yearling Colt

3 Senior Broodmares

1 Yearling Filly

3 Possible 2010 Foals ((hoping that we will get a healthy foal from the oldest bred mare safely))

Right now 6 but I am probably about to buy a gelding today. I also have my eye on an unusually colored filly. I also am shopping for a tiny colt or stallion to be my second stallion and have a couple of prospects in mind. Here is the current crew/herd:

1 stallion: 2 yr old blue roan stallion "Memphis" first get will be here in 2010 (l for sure, probably 2, and a surprise would be 3) Grandsire is the loveable Love Me Tender.

3 mares:

blue eyed bay "Faith" 9 years old and in foal for March 2010

sorrel little paint "Serenade" (last yr her first foaling was c-section/angel colt)

blue eyed gray frame overo "Choctaw" likely in foal for July 2010 (in June foaled farm's 1st)

1 maiden mare

bay minimal tobiano "Romey" (2005 filly foaled by "Faith")

1 filly

my bay little surgical miracle born June 7, 2009 that spent several weeks at Texas A & M getting those contracted little legs worked on. Got to get some pictures posted. She is up and running!

Also antatolian shepherds Kylie and Gus expecting first litter in November.

Chihuhua CyndyMouse. Japanese chin Louie. Shihtzu PattyCake. Fostering choc lab puppy Drifter. (needs a home)

Last and least 2 female goats Sugar and Spice.

I have 5 Miniature Horses:

weanling dwarf colt (a "rescue", to be gelded)

8 year old bred mare (my driving horse, due to foal at any moment)

5 year old open mare (that I want to send out for harness training)

yearling gelding (the definition of "pet quality")

8 year old gelding (my "show horse")

...and 2 "big" Horses:

22 year old American Quarter Horse mare

12 year old American Paint Horse gelding (her son)

My Shetland Sheepdog rounds out my happy little animal family.

Between my mom and I we have 49 total minis but I dont know the breakdown on that and it is 2am so I will save that for another time
default_laugh.png
. We also still have five of our paint horses. And a possible 17 foals for 2010 (15 ultrasounded in foal, 2 unknown).

Back