How many of you have mini horses and mini donkeys?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promise

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you have mini horses and donkeys, and do you keep them together?

I am contemplating if I would ever get a jenny and what accomodations I would have to make. I was also wondering if one was easier or harder to train than a mini horses.

Thanks for your input, any insight is welcome.

Promise

I have 31 mini horses and 7 mini donkeys, 1 mini hinny, and 1 zedonk. My hinny, zedonk and jennys all are pastured with my horses, they are great at protecting and will chase any animal entering THERE pasture right on out! This past year we had a large black bear walking the fenceline--my donks would line up and confront him with there braying, and he just went on his merry little way
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
: without my donkeys chasing him off, lord knows what could of happened! (DNR was called about this) I would not suggest putting a jack in with mares, unless you wanted some mules. Horses seem to be easier to train, but that is only because most people dont really know how to go about working with a donkey and give up after finding them to be "stubborn" ---which they are not--a donkey has to be 100% sure on things before he will do it, and are very curious. Once they have learned to do something they dont forget. I have found it better to work with donkeys at or below there shoulder level. Donkeys are very intelligent, and you cant help but fall in love with there long ears
default_wub.png
: To know one is to love one! Corinne

[SIZE=10pt]I have two mini mares, one mini stallion and one ( gelded ) mini donkey, as well as a full sized horse. Jasper ( the donk ) is easy to care for and gets along well where ever he is pastured - whether it be with the girls or the boys. I cant imagine not having my Jasper and I agree with Corinne - to know one is to love one!!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033: Lori
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back