How many horses will be on your show string this coming year?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many horses are on your show string this coming show season?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• Over Ten!

• Over Fifteen!!!!!

• Total voters

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
I'll start out the poll with my four.
default_smile.png

Well sincewe are finially upgrading the trailer, i can have a larger show string. 5-6 possibly

My 08 showstring will be .....

LTD's White Chief -amhr over perforance gelding.

Royal Salsa -aspc foundation halter only

Westwind BTU Crown Prince Narko- amhr 2yr old stallion

...AND hopefully i will add a amhr filly and/or a aspc filly possibly, atleast i would like to. I may allow our expected foal next yr do a few showswith us if i get her momma amhr.

Should be a great season next yr ...already planning it
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Are aim is for..

My show gelding

My yearling colt

My 2yr old filly - If she's stopped growing by then.. haven't show her in 07 due to a growth spurt!

My new spotty stallion

And i expect we'll have a 08 foal on the circuit as well, we normally do.

Haha! I have one that I'll be showing, my 9 yo. mare Kassie. My little brother may just do some fun shows with our little rescue mare Covergirl, but nothing big. He's very excited and 'can't wait 'til spring when he and Covergirl are going to have fun!'
default_wub.png
:

Just one here, AMHR 36.5" gelding Morning Mist's Navajo. Mostly preformance at local shows, maybe a rated show in there, and a few combined driving evets!

~Megan

Probably 11, that's how many my trailer holds........

I'm going to say two for sure at this time, but maybe three or four- depending on what I can handle by myself with a full time job too. Will just have to see! I dont know how these folks do it that handle half a dozen alone with grooming, excercise, clipping, showing, etc..... Of course if I wasn't putting in 10 hours minimum away from home maybe I would have time to do that!! :eek:

I know for sure Millie and Blue but I plan on adding one or 2 more horses to my herd hopefully. So we shall see. The New Year has alot of promises
default_smile.png

Together, the girls and Jerry and I have about 11 in our show string. Since the girls sold one at Nationals, they will be replacing her. Not everyone goes to every show. I may be purchasing a new halter gelding, won't say who right now as I may decide not to purchase him, or something else may come up, but it looks like about the same amount for next year. Just won't know how many till we finish selling and buying over the winter!

I'll be showing two -- Woodwinds' Mingus and Cherry-Hill Scarlet Ribbons -- but for the most part they will be at separate shows. It will be awhile before Scarlet can be registered AMHR, and we only have two AMHR/ASPC shows reasonably close. I will show both of them at the NWMHC Schooling Show, as it's open to nonregistered horses under 38", then Oregon Gold and Area VIII.

This means I really need to get organized, as I've been in a tizzy just showing one...

After missing all but one show this past year, I can hardly wait for March!

This is a tough one-- I haven't shown for two years now, and I have a lot of horses I want to get in the show ring. I have three fillies that will be three years old next year and they are all about the same height, so I plan to send one of them out for training (likely my Mountain Meadows Special Express "Prince" daughter) and show the other two myself, with a friend's help for handling. These are the ones I plan to show for sure:

Magic Mist Color On Fire-- Over gelding, driving, hunter, jumper

Magic Mist Raging Fire N Smoke--- Under gelding, halter, and whatever else he is ready for, maybe driving

Magic Mist Remember Me-- Over mare, halter, liberty

NJ's Some Kinda Cat-- Over mare, halter

Erica's Streakn' for Bucks-- Under stallion, halter, liberty

Irish Hills Waterloo Sunset-- Under yearling stallion, halter

I also have a two year old Under filly I'd love to show, and a couple of yearling colts and another young filly... but I can't show that many so I'll have to wait and see. I figure I need to make up for not showing so much the last two years! :bgrin

Well lets see

Raven plans on showing HER gelding Dakota San Juan Paco

as well as HER will be yearling filly Rainbow Rocks I'll Makeya Famous

We will both be showing our Over mare

D.M. Dirty Dancer

Someone (not sure who yet) will be showing our AMHR/ASPC Colt

Michigans Prince William

and of course we cant leave home without our under gelding

Marystown Hi Tech Echo

I voted two as I won't have more than that at any given show. I will be showing Dane in halter and performance classes as he will be old enough to drive! If I still have Whiskey I will take her out in halter and maybe driving, if I have the time to train her this spring
default_rolleyes.gif
: And I would LOVE to take Cammy to a couple of CDE's or ADT's! Whew I will be BUSY!

We haven't shown in a couple years, so I definitely want to get back out there, but my numbers are uncertain right now. I have three junior horses that I'd like to show, but one I've kept as a performance prospect, so I really just want to get him used to shows, and one I think would do better as a senior mare as she is very petite, but I might bring her along as a companion to the yearling filly. And I've also considered bringing one of the senior stallions out of retirement, so I've got a pro to give me a breather. So right now, anywhere from 2-4.

Five
default_smile.png

I just am not sure who and may be some shows get some horses, and other shows get some different horses. My trailer holds five, unless I use the dressing room for two more but I'm not likely to be that ambitious :bgrin

I'm really excited to show two horses who are going to be brand new to me (come home next week -- woohoo!!!!), but I haven't yet tapped the full potential of the ones I've been lightly showing the past couple of years... so, it should be fun regardless
default_yes.gif
:

Thinking of putting a really special one with a trainer for next year as well
default_wink.png
:

The ones I will be juggling between for 2008 shows are:

Erica's Gone and DunIT, senior under stallion

Harrell’s Flirting With Perfection, junior under filly

Erica's Big City Bomb Shell, junior under filly

Fantasy Corral’s Secret Treasure, junior over filly

Tibb’s Sundowner (HOF), senior under gelding

Erica’s Big City Blue By U, junior gelding? junior stallion? over? under? we shall see!!!

Little King’s BT Bacardi Gold, senior over gelding

Back