How many foals are u expecting???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One eagerly anticipated little one, expected (May 3rd is the 330 day mark...so anytime between April 3rd and May 3rd or later).

I am pretty sure 3 foals but all are going to be a big worry.

We sold our experienced mares and are having three foals from maidens.

Our numbers are way down due to Doctors orders, but I just couldn't stop completely
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hi!

I'm expecting 2 foals this year (they will also not be keepers, have to cut back). But very ansious to see what they are. One is out of a gorgeous bay mare and the other out of a great show producing silver bay mare and the stallion is a nice black & white stallion. So very ansious to see, especially for color!! But they are due the first of April and the middle of May.

We are expecting 4-5 foals this year. Our live cam should be up in the next couple days as I have one bagging up now. We have one foal coming by Feature and Im so excited I can hardly stand it
default_smile.png

Mary Lou WOW
default_aktion033.gif
Beautiful I can not wait for that foal!

None here this year at this moment not planning any for 2010 either so I will have to live thru everyone else this year.

We did have one last year a late foal born the week before Thanksgiving so he does kinda help with the baby fix

This is Clark Kent a palomino appy not sure yet if he is a snow cap or near leopard(his blanket seems to go close to his withers but I think I see some spots in there as well- 4 white socks 2 blue eyes he will be gelded in the next couple of months I need to get some new pics but he is like a wooly mammoth we are hoping to get him clipped in April
clark08a.jpg

We're hoping for 11 by our Orion son, Brewers Orion Image, but it will probably be just 9 as 2 of our mares foaled pretty late last year. Then 2 more by our 27.5" stallion Darkstars Myster Spectacular. I'm very nervous about these 2 foals as we have never bred such small mares before. Both mares are experienced but it still makes me nervous.
default_unsure.png

I already lost one foal that was born early.

We have two mares bred to Arions Destinys Magic Trick our Double Destiny Son. One is a chestnut appy and the other is a bay pinto.

We have four mares bred to Maple Hollows Sir Spot our 28.5" stallion. Two are black and white mares one is a solid red roan with a wide blaze on her face and another is our palomino driving mare.

We also have at least ten (I think
default_wacko.png
) bred to COH Echo Express our Buck Echo son. This is all between my parents horses and mine so I dont know the exact number for Echo since he got the majority of the mares.

I also bought a black and white mare bred to Creekside Pharaohs Phlash Dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple answer? 0.

My broodmare that was purchased in foal to a Bond Snippet and Rowdy Grandson! Nice pedigree huh?? She was recently palpated and came up open.

So planning on 2 for 2010.
default_smile.png

I am expecting 4 mini babies this year. They are:

Tovero x cremello due March

Palomino pinto x sorrel pinto due July

Leopard x Leopard due in August

Frame overo x pinto due in September

My gypsy vanner mare is also due to foal in June.

Hoping for 5 here

2 from my silver black framed overo 28" stud

2 from my palomino pinto 32" stud (his first breeding)

1 a sheltand I have purchased bred

of the 4 minis ~ 1 looks like she is about to blow! lol

2 look like there getting bigger and 1 Im not sure she caught...

I love the outcome, hate the wait!
default_smile.png

I have one filly on the ground and four more mares to foal. I have one under camera now as she is due anytime, one due in mid april and the last two will go later in the year. The four mares I have left to foal are all bred to Grahams Classic Entertainer and are double registered ASPC/AMHR. Do not plan to keep any babies.

Arlene

We are expecting 3 foals here this year.

The first will be by JNR's Medicine Man x Cidar Mills Flash Dance She is due April 5th

medbodyheadcut1.png
ciderleft.jpg

The second foal will be by Flying A's Chiantis Celebration x Cozy Corners Silver and Lace she is due April 7th

MVC-002F.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG

Our third foal will be by AngelRidge BuckSpotted(a White Cloud son) x Pleasant Views Savage Mist( a daughter of our JNR's Medicine Man) She is due May 5th

zorronew.jpg
BUNNYRIGHT.jpg

Should have a lot of colored foals, I hope
default_rolleyes.gif

I am expecting 4 foals this year.

3 in April with one getting ready right now.

Sorrel sabino x Black pinto

Sorrel sabino x Sorrel appy

Sorrel sabino x Sorrel pinto

1 in June.

Sorrel sabino x Solid bay

Very excited about this years, first foal crop for my stallion. Hoping for some color.

We have 14 mares exposed for May and June babies (I got really tired of trying to keep them all warm and DRY last year with snow still coming in May!)

Black Homozygous Tobiano x Sorrel Tobiano

Black Homozygous Tobiano x Chestnut Tobiano

Bay Homozygous Tobiano x Black Tobiano

Black Tobiano x Sorrel Tobiano (carries silver)

Black Tobiano x Sorrel Tobiano (also carries silver)

Black Tobiano x Silver Tobiano

Black Tobiano x Silver Tobiano

Black Tobiano x Black Tobiano w/blue eyes

Black Tobiano x Black Tobiano w/one blue eye

Black Tobiano x Gruella Tobiano

Black Tobiano x Bay

Black Tobaino x Black w/socks

Black Tobiano x Black w/blue eyes

Black Tobiano x Grey

As you can see we used the youngin' pretty heavily this year, won't get 100% color like in the past, but I'm totally in love with his babies.....NOW if we can only get a few GIRLS this time...
default_wacko.png

We are expecting 6 here, starting the end of April.

1 from our black B stallion, Cowboy

1 from our palomino Overoloosa stallion, Phantom

3 from our our Pharaoh son, Creeksides Pharaohs Prophet

1 from our old boy, Jet Stream

Just one here and he was born Feb 3rd. I am thinking of selling out and just keeping a nice one to show.

Joyce

We had one angel colt and have 2 more due in April/May

Our Wittmack's Mickey Mouse daughter, Deiles TidBit, is bred to a nice little Buck Echo son that I just love
default_wub.png

DeilesTidBit_rightside.jpg

Our newest addition, who arrived in the midst of all the drama with Soldier

Buck On's Bad Girl (grulla BOB daughter) is bred to Reserve World Champion 28" and Under Little Kings Buckeroo Cavalier (Buckeroo son)
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

(Old pic of her, need to get some new ones now that things are back to normal here)

BadGirlyoungpic.jpg

LittleKingsBuckerooCavalier2.jpg

I am so excited!

I am expecting 10 mini foals here if all goes well.

These 6 mares are in foal to Goat Hills One For The Books, an AMHA/AMHR 33" grey pinto stallion I use to own:

Sharptails Peanut Butter(33.5" A/R chestnut appaloosa)

Minni Spark Black Blinker No5(35" AMHR black)

Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy(36.5" AMHR black)

Benviews Special Dawn(34" AMHR chestnut)

Benview Christina(34" AMHR red bay)

Leaning Pines Harlequin Romance(33.75" AMHR chestnut)

These 2 mares are in foal to Cross Country New Kid In Town, my silver dapple 31" A/R stallion:

Risquefishers Winter Sky(30.75" AMHR bay roan appaloosa)

Unquestionably Cute Jypsy Rose SPH(29" A/R chestnut pinto)

Then I bought two mares in foal:

Westwinds BTU Crown Prince Dun Blest + Lucky K Here For The Party

(This stallion(dun) use to be owned by Mona on the forum and I bought the mare from Saber on the forum. The mare is black)

Mini-Go-Rounds El Falabella Tigre + FDC's Moongirl Shania

(Traded a mini mare I had for this mare who is a beautiful bay, the stallion is a appaloosa)

Most are due in April but do have some due later in the summer. I have a maiden mare in the barn that I am watching, not much udder though yet so may be awhile yet.

PICTURES OF STALLIONS AND MARES CAN BE SEEN ON MY WEBSITE IN FOAL SECTION. TO MANY TO POST HERE.

We are expecting 3 foals by LM HAWKS GRAND STAND who we no longer own. I am pretty excited about these babies and fillies I plan to keep and if the gold melody boy mare has a colt I will probably keep that one too. It just all depends on what goes on. Circumstances always change...

I have two preggy mares due in April & May, and another mare I sold preggy coming back to foal out. My two are due in April & May, and the other mare is due in May/June. All are in foal by CCMF Legacy's Color Maker a fewspot appaloosa, so crossing my fingers for spots!
default_smile.png
I'm getting excited, the first mare hits 300 days next Monday!

You can see photos of them on my website on the foals page.

Latest posts

Back