how many days so far

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northernmi

Reaction score
Just curious how many mares so far have foaled early this year? I need to pass the time and with the strange weather all over, why not a strange f :lol: oaling season. Sorry, Im on foal watch, mare due the 17 th and I need to pass some time.

339 days, yeah the weather is bad here we are just getting wind but everywhere around us its a blizzard! Cant leave town and for some reason I want to
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Mined foaled 312 days from the last breeding date and we have a big, strong filly!

I think my mare was due right behind yours and were expecting a palomino also. She looks like she might be going early but you never know with this one. She is the same one we thought was going for the world record last time.

Mine was only one day early.

I don't know that there are any hard and fast rules, but in horses kept fairly naturally, I think the gestation lengths tend towards longer this time of year.

Saying that, I want to caution anyone, that within 6 weeks of foaling dates (prior), I start checking udders and looking under tails, etc. to see what's changing. Keep an eye on mare's shape, too, as well as other clues.

Liz M.

Latest posts

Back