How many animals sleep in your bed at night?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
We have a huge king sized old fashioned water bed. In it is all four of our little dogs, Fonzie, Tia and Cookie - 3 Chihuahua's and Maggie. But, usually, I end up in my office here on the couch as it's just so much more comfortable for me and ---- if and when I leave the bed, all four dogs follow me in here and pig pile on the couch with me and Nate sleeps alone. We think about getting a new and comfortable bed but Nate says the dogs are used to that big, warm bed so we need to keep it. I'll bet theirs more people on here that do sleep with the cats and dogs then don't, right?
default_laugh.png

now? Only miss Moxie
default_sad.png

Sammie, my mutt, used to..... and the pups are still too young to trust
default_rolleyes.gif

Occasionally the cat will curl up with me...but not often.

Now if I lie down on my couch, I have 4 corgis on me!
default_smile.png

~kathryn

2 dogs in bed with us, here.. and when we are watching T.V we have 3 on the coach...
default_wub.png

OH yes! The only one of our pets who does not sleep on the bed is our collie, Kelsey. She sleeps on her own bed right beside my side of the bed. Watson (shih tzu puppy) now sleeps in a carrier but that goes right by my pillow until he's old enough to sleep out of it (on a pillow between H's and my pillow). Willow, Whitney and Webster (shih tzu's) all sleep on the bed, as does Maggie (lab x chow) AND USUALLY the cat. Crazy... probably but we wouldn't have it any other way. We also have a king size bed. If not for the pets, we could have a full size bed I'm sure
default_biggrin.png

Yes, I am guilty of that! My pug sleeps right in between my husband and I, cuddled up to my side! I wouldn't have it any other way!
default_wub.png

I have a full/queen size bed. Forunately I only sleep with my 65lbs Rottweiler/Golden Retriever.

Well in bed with my husband and I (and youngest child still
default_wacko.png
) is usually a dog or 2. But the majority of the pets sleep with my kids. My oldest has at least 4 dogs and a cat in bed. We have 3 chihuahuas, 1 silky terrier, 1 boston, 1 beagle mix, 1 big shepherd mix, 1 big lab, 1 short long corgi mix and 2 inside cats. The beagle mix sort of has her own bed as she sleeps in my youngests bed, while the child still sleeps with us!

The worst is the couches at night. The kids end up on the floor as all the seats are taken by dogs!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
too funny though. We have a literal pile of small dogs all over us at all times.

I am not 100% crazy 2 dogs are fosters.
default_rolleyes.gif

This is hilarious, I thought it would be. I actually turn over when I need to, the position depends on where the dogs are, so if they're tight up against me, some times I just lay still. Once in a while I actually touch my husband and I'm shocked!! LOL

Casey, my Himalayan boy, will sleep with us about 80% of the time. He's quite the snuggler. Not sure if I'd have a dog in the bed (even if I weren't allergic). I'd be washing the sheets every day (as opposed to every week). That's the nice thing about kitties...they have virtually no smell. Dogs on the other hand...
default_unsure.png

Now Erin, there is a vast difference between a full-size and queen-size bed...

Our antique full-size bed is filled each night with seven animals:

2 humans

3 small dogs

2 honkin' big cats

All of us sleep under the covers. Like Marnie, my ability to turn over depends upon where the kids are.

When we first got Mingus, my mother asked if he would sleep in our bed .She should talk...their Maltese eats at their dining table!

Three in bed, two next to it in crates. The other three (including the cat) sleep in the living room.

well..i have 3 sometimes 4 60lbs Australian Shepherds that sleep with me. i usually end up ona small section almost falling off the bed while they sprawl across it. I call them "bed dogs" like bed hogs! sometimes all at once and sometimes one or two at a time.. they kinda rotate. I think they get hot ect. they don't litterally sleep IN the blankets with me but ontop.

Just me and my coming two year old shih tzu, Sassy
default_wub.png
. She normally goes to bed before i do, she will snuggle up in the covers around 9pm...i normally dont make it to bed until 12-1am. Oh no way will she sleep at the foot of the bed, she has to be right up by me so i can rub her tummy while she calls asleep. I call her my "chinease foot warmer" as that was what they were bred to, to keep royaltys feet warm (atleast..so the story goes..), she is so cute
default_wub.png
. She goes to bed before me, and gets up after me in the morning...she is not a morning dog! She would love to spend all day in the bed under the blankets with her stuffed babies.

Now, if you count all of HER toys that she has to sleep with at night...that would be a different story. She brings all her favorite toys to bed with her at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sometimes I call my husband a pig and I tell my 5 year old son that he reminds me of a monkey sometimes crawling all over me. Does this count???? LOL

We have a long hair chihuahua who is now 9 years old. She used to sleep with hubby and I, but quit after my son was born.
default_unsure.png

Add me to the list of people who got a king sized bed because of the animals! Right now our golden retriever mix starts the night with us, but soon moves to her own bed next to ours. There are two cats who spend the whole night down on our legs or by our feet. No one gets under the covers but US!!

We used to have two more in bed with us, and while they were the worst of the bed hogs, I'd give just about anything to have them back. Carly the Aussie was always between us unless she got too hot, and Sam the giant cat (21 pounds, not fat) always kept my back warm. He was the best lap kitty ever too. I miss them both terribly. They both went to puppy and kitty heaven this year, Carly due to heart failure at 11, and poor Sam too young at 8 with corona virus.

I'd get another kitten or puppy if I didn't think it would cause too much stress on the oldsters who are still with us. When they go to their great rewards, we can start over again!

Jayne

King Sized bed here too........... Three cats almost every night. And occasionally one Golden Retriever.

No matter what All of the dogs (we have four big ones) all lay around the flour of our bedroom so we have to be careful not to break our necks during the night.....if we have to get up for any reason.
default_smile.png

I swore when I got Timmy, my chihuahua, that he wouldn't sleep in my bed. That lasted about 4 days when I was in a hotel room at a conference and he decided to cry in his carrier ... I couldn't very well let him howl half the night when other people were trying to sleep, so into the bed he went. When we got home I was pretty determined to get him back in his own bed .... until he figured out how to climb up. And then there was a real cold snap, and I worried about him being cold. Now he has me well trained, I wouldn't want it any other way!!

i have a queen size bed a 55 lb goldendoodle and 85 lb boxer/dalmation x a 4 lb toy poodle and up until and couple weeks ago a 125 lb st bernard and oh almost forgot hubby joe!!!

That is to funny. We have at least 2. Purdy my manx kitty right between the pillows, she has to have a paw on me at all times and Neo the shorty jack down under all the covers tucked up under my back. The other jack sleeps with my daughter. Lol

I think you all have me beat. I have a queen sized futon, 275lb fiance, 2 cats, 1 Westie, 1 medium/large mutt. The only thing that gets in my way is that the older cat insists on being right on whatever pillow my head is on. Early in the morning she will wake up to go out (no, she won't use a box). She will take one single claw and tap my lower lip with it until I get up to let her out. Darn cats. Then the younger cat will get cold in the night. She will come right to my nose, make a gentle "meow", then look at the covers to let me know she wants in. Not too bad really and I usually get plenty of sleep so it's a good arrangement. I think I wouldn't be able to sleep without my not-so-stuffed animals.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back