Storms here last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Oh my gosh but we had a terrible line of storms roll thru here last evening. We spent an hour or two underground in our shelter. When we finally came up, we found we had a huge tree down. But how's this?? It actually fell on top of our wood pile. Wasn't that nice? Honestly, you couldn't ask for more. LOL

The rain and wind was still quite strong when we went to bed - around 11:00 or so. Then at 2:00 am I woke up thinking.....what's that smell? Don't you know, my little dog had peed in the bed.....ON MY PILLOW. What???? First time she's ever done that and she's probably been sleeping in the bed for 7 years now. So I'm up and got sheets and mattress pad in the washing machine and I'm on the computer reading about how to get pee smell out of mattresses. I put her in the laundry room because I was angry and don't you know, she pooped on the floor in there....and I stepped in it. Ask me if I was mad.

This morning the mattress is dry and unstained (gotta love baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and dish detergent), my pillow is in the garbage can, and the little dog isn't speaking to me. Well, the feeling is mutual....LOL

Other than the one tree, it looks like we escaped major damage but I really haven't been out except to check on the horses, very briefly. I'll get dressed later and go out for a more detailed search once I am more fully awake. This getting up in the middle of the night for a couple of hours and then sleeping on the sofa has got me really tired. sigh.

Sounds like the dog may have been stressed by the storm.Please forgive her-you know how much she loves you and you love her.glad you got the smell out.

I'm glad you didn't suffer any other damage other than an obliging tree and a scared dog.

Yuck!!! I know that wasn't the least bit nice, but I think she was so scared and wanted her mom.

Hang in there!!!

aaawww poor puppy, mean dixie belle.

Glad you escaped the storm except for that very clever tree.

Your stories are great! Stupid dog, yep stressed out about the storm and didn't want to do her business outside. Glad you are ok!

Back