How many animals sleep in your bed at night?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before reading this post I thought we had it bad! We have between 3 & 5 cats in the king bed with us depending on how cold it is. Hubby calls them sandbags. I'm short so they have plenty of room at my feet, but Mike seems to get at least one wanting to sleep on his feet or side because it's closer to the window/door and they can see outside.

l:l . l.l. sleeping positions: the .s are cats and the ls are legs

We have a queen size bed. I wish it was a king though. We went from a heated california king size water bed to a queen size temperpedic. WE LOVe that bed!!!! But the king size was too much money.

It Carmen and me, my great dane Rumble, and 2 yorkies, but Roxy our Rottie used to sleep with us too, until she passed away a few months ago. Luckily the new great Dane, Gypsy sleeps on her own bed in our bedroom. Occasionally, our old cat Jack sleeps with us too.

Robin

Before we got our English Bulldog my calico cat slept on my chest at night. Once we got the bully now he sleeps with me and the cat will sneak up there once in awhile. Her little baby is a beautiful smokey cream color with dark points and blue eyes, she'll get up there and sleep with me even if the bulldog is up there. She knows he's afraid of her so she walks all over him.

Here's a picture of our English bulldog "Buddy".

buddy_1-1.jpg

buddy_2.jpg

Well, I know I am going againt most, if not all others that replied (havn't read through them) but I can say NONE! Yes, I am an animal lover, but our dogs sleep in their crates at night. Their crates are in our bedroom, and that is where they sleep. I allow Molly (Boston Terrier) onto the bed and furniture during the day and for naps with us during the day, but not at night. The Boxer is not allowed up on the bed or furniture at all. I must admit, if ever Chris is not home overnight, then I let molly sleep with me. Same as during foaling season...I move into a different bedroom for that time due to the pager going off constantly, so Molly sleeps with me then too. Hubby is not an animal fanatic like I am, so this is what has always worked. The dogs have always loved their crates anyway, and will go up to bed ahead of us quite often and lay in them.

Hubby & I share a queen size bed with one 25 pound dog that is half doxie and half ???? She always sleeps with us, usually under the covers too! We had to build her a ramp to the bed cause of her back issues, nobody would get sleep otherwise with her barking and trying to jump up on the bed. She is pretty smart, she knows her various toys by name and knows that none of them are allowed on the bed (so we don't roll over onto them). We can tell her "no toys on the bed" and she will grab it and get down with it in her mouth. We can tell her to get the ball, bone, hamburger, or disc and she knows wich one we are talking about. She falls a sleep with it in her mouth all the time.

Glory1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
None, here.....I wouldn't be able to have pets if they slept in bed with me.

Way to many allergies. Years ago I had a Freddie Kitty Kat that slept

on the bed.....but he never came under the covers and never near my face.

He slept on my feet, at the end of the bed, and was the best foot warmer I

ever had.

Chevy sleeps on his very own oriental area rug on the floor beside me.

LOL!!
default_laugh.png

When I was single and only had one fur kid...my MinPin Gunner...he would sleep under the covers with me. Then Deb and her Yorkie Stevie moved in, Gunner decided the bed was too crowded and he went to sleep in his bed on the floor. Stevie slept on top of the covers...usually on my side....lol Then we got Diego the Boxer...and he decided he belonged on the bed too (mind you this is a full size bed...
default_wacko.png
)...BUT I wasnt getting any sleep, so we started talking about getting a bigger bed
default_rolleyes.gif
. In the meantime, Diego got a new bed (and we got new living room furniture), so he usually sleeps there instead of on the bed now.....LOL (maybe he wasnt getting his beauty sleep either
default_laugh.png
default_unsure.png
). We are still gonna get a queen size bed, but right now the only fur kid on the bed every night is the Yorkie...and apparently she isnt going anywhere cuz she doesnt like her bed...
default_rolleyes.gif

Just one....my husband! LOL Our dogs are not allowed on the furniture, but the little one in my avatar will sneak sometimes!

Glad I'm not the only one ....... Queen size bed and 4 dogs (2 Shih Tzu's, 1 long haired Chihuahua & 1 Bichon Frise) There all small and I love my "girls"

default_rolleyes.gif
MMMMM...Well I have to little Iggies that sleep with us and Moe-Moe sleeps up against my back (full stretch) and it sure helps the Arthur Itis there and Minie-Moo sleeps packed tight against my butt and keeps it toasty too! Tinker our boxer is not allowed on the bed or Mr.Kitty but the minute hubby leaves for work they sneak in and curl up I swear sometimes Tinker the Stinker (he weights 65#) I do not even feel him sneak up there but then he starts snoring (is this normal for boxers) cause he is real loud!
default_wacko.png
and gassy too!

default_rolleyes.gif
MMMMM...Well I have to little Iggies that sleep with us and Moe-Moe sleeps up against my back (full stretch) and it sure helps the Arthur Itis there and Minie-Moo sleeps packed tight against my butt and keeps it toasty too! Tinker our boxer is not allowed on the bed or Mr.Kitty but the minute hubby leaves for work they sneak in and curl up I swear sometimes Tinker the Stinker (he weights 65#) I do not even feel him sneak up there but then he starts snoring (is this normal for boxers) cause he is real loud!
default_wacko.png
and gassy too!
Judy, It must be a Boxer thing, Sparkle, snores and is gassy too........haha

We have 3 dogs, Remi & Asia are so well behaved, then there is Sparkle.......haha
default_wink.png

Nope. This ain't happening in my bed no way no how

It can torment Dan all night long and chew on him, not me

Amyinbed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wacko.png
and gassy too!
Judy, It must be a Boxer thing, Sparkle, snores and is gassy too........haha

We have 3 dogs, Remi & Asia are so well behaved, then there is Sparkle.......haha
default_wink.png
He has soooo much gas why I could power my car with it...LOL
default_no.gif

At the moment there are two Freddie and Teddie. It used to be Shorty, Angel, Pooh, and Jamie all of us in one queen size bed. Things were very tight then.

OMG Matt- the expression on that cat's face!! LOL Too funny! Love his blue eyes!

hey i have normaly have 4cats,1dog,and gerbil in its cage

All I have is 3 lbs of terror sleeping with me in my bed at night. My 1 yr old fur baby, Lexi, thinks she owns my bed. If she's not comfortable she'll make sure that I'm not either.
default_rolleyes.gif
She truly is my little princess though and I wouldn't have her sleeping anywhere else.
default_wub.png

DSC_0146-2.jpg

Well.... I have 2 cats that sleep with me every night.... Jimmy & Cyrstal... They are 2 very spoiled cats!!

Depends on how cold it is outside. my friends used to joke and ask me "How many dog nite was it?" lol

but usually its joe (bull terrier mix 50 pounds)

homer (8 pound weiner dog)

6 puppies who if i dont help into the bed will sit and cry if i dont pick them up onto the bed

liz (15 pound aussie mix)

munch (30 pound border collie) who is suppose to be outside

slut puppy (dont ask) 25 pound border/heeler mix also suppose to be out side

and cant for get Bug 10 pound blue heeler (a dwarf in the doggy world complete with a bad bite)

and more if its cold (you get the picture) lol

all of us in a double bed

no wonder i cant find a partner
default_wacko.png

just had to get in on this one lol

dawn

Latest posts

Back