How long do you think for my maiden to foal??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wc minis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, does anyone have any thoughts to when my maiden mare will foal. She is my 1st maiden and I am really nervous and anxious!! :new_shocked: Her due date is around June 8th. Thanks!!

1030pm.jpg

1030pm7.jpg

1030pm6.jpg

1030pm5.jpg

With a maiden, it is a crap-shoot. But if I were a gambler, I'd say she will probably foal fairly close to her due date.

If you can get any liquid from her teats between now and June 8, it will help you determine where she's at, but maidens don't always give colostrum until immediately before birthing. And watch to see if she starts carrying the baby differently (dropped).

In the meantime, try to get some good sleep in NOW, because you're going to need it.
default_yes.gif
:

MA

[SIZE=14pt]Her udder doesnt look ready but her vulva sure does! Like MA said, with maidens its a crap shoot! Good luck. I have a mare due June 5th, one that was due May 15 and one whe dont know because she was pasture bred... Nothing yet![/SIZE]

Lyn

Well, it wasn't last night!! She has all of the signs though, lots of tail swishing, and when she lays down, she lays on her side all stretched out and pants and grunts, which I am sure the baby is putting pressure on her diaphram, and she will not let me touch her udder. So I am hoping for this weekend. :aktion033: Sorry about the 1st picture being so big, i don't know why it did that.

Latest posts

Back