How long before I get AMHA permanent papers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxane Martin

Reaction score
How long should I expect it to take before I get my permanent AMHA papers?

I sent in the temporaries, check and all the paperwork on Nov 3rd. I sent in each gelding's paperwork in separate envelopes. I expected the one to be more difficult because he was co-owned with my husband, who had died, and so I had to send in copy of death certificate, will etc. The other gelding's paperwork was straightforward. I haven't gotten permanent papers for either of them yet.

Should I start checking with AMHA, or is that not unusual? Oh, I am not an AMHA member, but paid the non-member price.

Thanks for your help.

Roxane

I always wait awhile, usually a month and then call to confirm that they received the paperwork and see what the status is on the paperwork, just to know for my own well being because of our wonderful postal service sometimes loses things. I have had it happen to me so I just call and ask to be sure that they have it somewhere. The AMHA office is a bit slower than the AMHR for turnaround time I have noticed, plus it is the end of the year for all stallion reports and registrations to be turned in and membership re-newals going on too.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have sent in several papers to AMHA for transfers and temp to perm this fall. All have come back complete in 2 weeks max. Over the past 4 years I don't think we ever waited more than 1 month for any from AMHA.

Mark.

Your also looking at a time where people are sending in registrations on new foals, transfers for horses to show next year, stallion reports, futurity nominations, so much more paperwork than the rest of the year, so it will take more time unless you pay to expedite.

I would give them a call, or an email, just to be sure nothing's been lost... but it's not been an unreasonable amount of time. When I send in papers, I always send them to AMHR and AMHA via UPS 2nd Day, but that only costs me a few dollars ($3.50!) and I have the supplies at my office.

Wow Jill, that is cheaper than USPS which is $4.60 by Priority Mail which is how I send them! I do not like the paperwork folded, so the cardboard envelopes has always been my choice. I will have to rethink this though!

I personally waited months for some of my paperwork this year. Some of the horses were at their new homes long before I got the registration papers back. But then I PQ all foals and that adds time to the turn around.

Yeah
default_smile.png
I have a good deal because I use it so much for business. One of the vendors I place investments through negotiated a deal for their brokers
default_yes.gif

Well, I know they got the papers because the checks were cashed.!
default_wink.png

I guess I'll just keep waiting as there would be lots of paperwork coming in, and since I'm a non-member, I'm probably at the bottom of the pile.

Thanks for letting me know.

Roxane

I sent my gelding's in in October and am still waiting!

Jessi

We sent temp to perm paperwork in on one of our stallions the end of October. I was going to call them today to find out what was up with them and lo and behold, they got here today!

Well, I got both sets of paper today. The transfers were prepared on Dec 4.

But that's my last ones that needed to be brought to permanent status (unless I get crazy sometime and get another). Crazy thought--I haven't time to do much with them now.

Thanks all for your experiences.

Roxane

Latest posts

Back