What's the typical time for AMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
Since AMHA changed their temporary to permanent requirements from 5 years, by birthdate, to 3 years, has anyone sent in papers and how long did it take to get them back. I sent in papers on Jan 4 of this year and haven't heard anything from them. I don't know if this is just normal or if I should be calling the office?

I have one 3 yr old this year to take perm, but she hasn't reached her 3rd birthday yet, so I am waiting. I'd suggest contacting the office to verify they have the paperwork.

I sent in some similiar paperwork (perm papers, transfers, futurity) to both AMHA and AMHR on Jan. 14 and I received the AMHR paperwork last week but nothing yet from AMHA. Anecdotally speaking, it seems like AMHR is usually faster than AMHA but I'm a little surprised its taking this long too. Maybe they are short on staff? If I don't have my papers by the end of Feb, I will be calling since I know the check was deposited early last week.

You should take into account that more people wait until the end of the year to send in registration papers, that more people have sent in temp to perm papers already for horses over 3 and that the office is getting ready for the Annual meeting this coming weekend. There are any number of reason either registry might take longer than the other. I usually send registration papers return receipt so I know they got there and who signed for them.

Oooops. Did I miss something? AMHA is now 3 years old to bring permanent? Royal turns 4 in April. Do I now have to pay more to bring him permanent?
default_unsure.png

Oooops. Did I miss something? AMHA is now 3 years old to bring permanent? Royal turns 4 in April. Do I now have to pay more to bring him permanent?
default_unsure.png
You may choose to bring permanent your 4 yr old, Matt, but you can wait until the temporary papers expire when your horse is 5. The papers are good until the expiration date. I believe in two years, then the 'grace period' is over and horses will need to be brought permanent at age 3. But, until then, you can decide.

l did a gelding and it only took about 3 weeks and l got them back...that was the fastest l ever had anything done from them as far as paperwork. They can go perm anytime after there actual third birthday or when the registration for the temp papers would have expired for there fifth..at least thats what l was told by the office.

l did a gelding and it only took about 3 weeks and l got them back...that was the fastest l ever had anything done from them as far as paperwork. They can go perm anytime after there actual third birthday or when the registration for the temp papers would have expired for there fifth..at least thats what l was told by the office.
Gosh, when did you send that in? I was under the impression that this 3 yr old rule wouldn't take affect until Jan. 1st this year. So you got papers back already this year on your gelding?

I know AMHA said they were changing from 5 years old to 3 years old. But, I just got the papers back on my colt turning 3 this year and his temp papers are good until 2012. I figured that will just give me the extra time I need to get the paper work done. I always send my paper work return receipt so someone has to sign for it. That way I know the date they received the paperwork. For Dusty I also had the DNA done and sent in his vet certification for his testicle count. I got the paper work for the DNA back about 1 1/2 weeks after I mailed my packet in.

default_unsure.png
You may choose to bring permanent your 4 yr old, Matt, but you can wait until the temporary papers expire when your horse is 5. The papers are good until the expiration date. I believe in two years, then the 'grace period' is over and horses will need to be brought permanent at age 3. But, until then, you can decide.

Good to know. Thanks
default_smile.png

If you have them DNA'd and Parentage Qualified it can slow down the papers.

Otherwise, if you sent in the photos and signed everything you were suppose, to it should be pretty fast.

I sent temp to perm papers to AMHA and AMHR before the holidays. I just got the AMHR back this week. Nothing from AMHA yet.

Latest posts

Back