How Do You Store Your Blankets, Sheets, Sweats...?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcwallis

Reaction score
We are still working on our new barn. I'm trying to figure out where and how I want to store our blankets, Sheets, Sweats etc..

Do you have pictures of your barn storage area?

Thanks

Lynda

I have blanket racks in my tack room attached to the wall. I also have blanket racks on the stall doors. In the spring, I send winter blankets out to be washed and they come back nicely folded and in storage bags and I put them in a big custom tack trunk that was made to match the wood in my tack room and I store them in there. Another thing I enjoy are my SmartPak storage bins. I have shelving for them and they've been wonderful to store odds and ends and to keep everything tidy. It's a lot of fun designing a tack room so enjoy.

Every day type in a big tack trunk in the barn tack room. Show type in the house in the 'spare room' (anyone that stays over probably thinks they are sleeping in a tack store! LOL!). I also keep the cleaned ones in the super large Ziploc brand storage bags. They come in this big size that is perfect for minis sheets and blankets. A number of sheets fit in one and usually two big heavy winter blankets with fit together in one. I get them at Walmart or KMart usually.

Rubbermaid brand plastic storage containers. They are easy to stack, too.

I have totes and I label them small, medium, large, xtra large and all my stuff goes in those.

Tack trunk! Mine is plastic an has wheels. Easy to move and wash. However, I board.
same I took my old tack trunk and put the blankets in there. I tend to keep the bag they come in or use a bag that a comforter comes in, works out well

A big old metal tall storage unit like is used in an office for papers etc.You can pick them up at auctions.Lots of adjustable shelves and you can store almost anything.Varmint proof and keeps stuff dry.I have 1 for blankets.another for clippers and grooming stuff.

I use rubbermaid totes too. They are easy to stack and I use a marker to write what is stored on the side. Then I put them in my tack room.

A big old metal tall storage unit like is used in an office for papers etc.You can pick them up at auctions.Lots of adjustable shelves and you can store almost anything.Varmint proof and keeps stuff dry.I have 1 for blankets.another for clippers and grooming stuff.
I like this idea. If I didn't already have shelves and totes, I'd be looking for a couple metal storage units.

Latest posts

Back