How do you find out if a horse has been DNA tested?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy'sMom

Reaction score
I need to find out if either of my mare's parents were ever DNA tested. I wasn't sure if there was some way to find out.

Also, horsestudbook.com lists Teresa Anthony as the last owner of her sire. Does anyone know her or know an email address for her? I found one for the last known owner of her dam, but I can't find any contact information for her sire. I just thought I would check directly with them.

Thanks so much for any help!

If the horse in question is AMHA registered, I can look in the studbooks and give you that information. I'm not sure how or if AMHR lists it.

And you can contact either registry by phone or email and they should be able to tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is actually AMHR. Her registration number is #313969B, her dam's is #51851B, and her sire's is #51850B. I don't know if they can be looked up in AMHR or not, I am not a member. I was going to wait until December to join, since they don't pro-rate their fees for joinging later in the year.

Thanks for your help!

If you call to inquire about horses in your own name I have never had anyone from the AMHR office turn away my questions because my membership had lapsed. If they are not yet in your name, It may be a little different. Both the AMHA and the AMHR have always been very proffesional and courteous when I had called with questions for them.

Carolyn

If the horses are AMHR, it is less likely they are DNA-ed, since it's not a requirement......yet.

Latest posts

Back