Hours to Drive 2017

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drove with the team Teddy and Massai yesterday; 70 minutes. This was our first drive in september because we were on a hiking trail last weekend
default_smile.png

20 minutes of ground driving Peanut today. As soon as we were finished I looked across the back paddock and there were two deer standing high atop the manure pile. My welsh clicking has been clinging to the barn lately and acting goofy. Now I know why. I haven't seen the deer in awhile, I am glad they returned (I think).

Sometimes I see fox in my field, but not this year. No roadrunners!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondered where you had been. Hope you had a great hike.
Yes and no :D we had very poor weather...
default_sad.png
but the ponies walked great and demonstrated how reliable they can be, even when it's cold and muddy!

Last weekend, there wasn't not much time for driving, sadly
default_sad.png
I drove on saturday with the team 80 minutes and sundays, I hitched Teddy to his cart for a 60-minutes drive.

Hope to drive this week a bit more, but we have the horse dentist here today and maybe, the ponies need a training break afterwards...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes and no :D we had very poor weather...
default_sad.png
but the ponies walked great and demonstrated how reliable they can be, even when it's cold and muddy!

Last weekend, there wasn't not much time for driving, sadly
default_sad.png
I drove on saturday with the team 80 minutes and sundays, I hitched Teddy to his cart for a 60-minutes drive.

Hope to drive this week a bit more, but we have the horse dentist here today and maybe, the ponies need a training break afterwards...
I'd like to hear about your dentist. This is what my dentist puts on the horses to work on them.

smokydentist.jpg

I'd like to hear about your dentist. This is what my dentist puts on the horses to work on them.
Exactly the same here ;) my dentist is a veterinary with special education on horse teeth. It was very shocking what we've found in Teddys mouth. He had very large dental hooks. The dentists removed them all. So I didn't hitch Teddy the following day. And yesterday I drove him with a bitless bridle. It worked great and he was okay, but didn't hurry him too up.

60 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai yesterday.

50 minutes driving for Dapper Dan. Then I unhooked and did 17 minutes of ground driving. I wanted to check the pond in the back pasture and it was too rough for the sulky. Dapper Dan had forgotten how to ground drive, I think. We had a minute of twirling around before getting down to business. Silly boy.

60 minutes for Massai on friday

70 minutes for the team Massai/Teddy on saturday

and 30 minutes of ground driving for Moony on friday

Back