Horse's "Twin"?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny

Reaction score
Has anybody ever found their horse's "twin"? I saw this photo of a horse a while ago and it has puzzled me ever since. If that horse wasn't pulling a cart, I would 100% say it was Breaker, but he's not trained to drive.
default_wacko.png
Even weirder, the photo was posted by the woman I bought Breaker from... I don't think I can post photos of horses I don't own, so i won't post the photos, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.

I did find a picture of a buckskin mare being used as an avatar on a forum (big horse) that I used to be a part of. When I asked the other member what horse it was I got no response at all. I was looking thro a bunch of pictures that I received when I bought the mare and found the exact picture so it was my horse in her avatar all along. I asked her (on line) how she came to have a picture of my mare but I think she thought I was attacking her rather than curious about my girls history because she didn't answer me and pulled the picture right after that. Can you ask the previous owner who the horse in question is?

I could, but it's not really that important. I'm quite positive it is a different horse, but was just curious if anyone else had experienced this weird phenomenon. That's weird that the member on your forum was using a picture of your horse, and that she didn't answer back.

I still think she had some kind of history with her, had reason to feel she was 'her' horse and was surprised when I commented. I'm pretty sure she thought I was accusing her of something (people steal pictures of horses all the time and claim they own the horse) but I really wasn't. I was just curious about the connection. Since she wouldn't respond to me I could never really explain that to her.

Did you get Breaker from Sandy Frank (I think that's the name that goes with Silver Birch)? Perhaps the horse in the picture is breakers brother (or sister). Wouldn't they make a nicely matched pair.
default_smile.png

Yes, I got him from Sandy Frank. That would be cool if it were his brother or sister, they would look very good together.
default_smile.png

I don't know her personally of course but she has some lovely horses (Breaker is proof of that too) and she is what I consider local (from here in BC) LOL.

Thank for your wonderful compliment
default_smile.png
Yes, her horses are all so beautiful, and I'm so lucky that she was close enough for me to purchase one of her amazing horses as my first mini!

I bought a Shetland mare named Mccalls mj janey who has near identical markings to my amha/amhr broodmare hh mystical gypsy. Everyone in the barn thinks they look like twins. They both have a white triangle on their rump, a white patch on the right shoulder and broken white socks20130807_183621.jpg20121212_102828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back