Horse Training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeganH

Reaction score
I wanted to ask if any members of this forum have any general horse training books or videos or online videos/sites you would recommend for basic training and more advanced.

This video a friend of mine came across is beautiful. I wanted to share it with you all:

http://redux.com/stream/item/2101820/Martin-Clunes-HorsePower-The-Amazing-Tricks

I have seen other videos that are similar and just want to know where you start with training like this.

Also any training videos/books/sites of how to do basic horse training with lead lines, lunging, driving, tricks, ect. anyone has come across that helped them or they really like, please share!

I really like Downunder Horsemanship by Clinton Anderson. He has tons of groundwork exercises the minis can do and he is also coming out with a trick series. The only thing he doesn't do is driving.

www.downunderhorsemanship.com

you can also see his tv shows on downunderhorsemanship.tv

Thanks for sharing this
default_yes.gif

That was amazing! Obviously, that's years of work in the making but everyone should strive to have that kind of relationship with their animals. I would definitely be curious to see how he got started down this path.

I'm another Clinton Anderson fan.

I Loved this video and I also really like Clinton Anderson. A cheaper more generic version that was affordable to me and gave us some basics is a guy named Marv Walker. http://marvwalker.com/

Not a big productions company and not the caliber of Clinton Anderson but a decent beginning.

I have seen this man live and IMO there is no comparison between him and the NH horse people, good and bad.

Thank you all!

rabbitsfizz- are you talking about the man in the video or Clinton Anderson? I would like to hear a little more of why you think there is no comparison
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back