horse slaughter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do you agree with horse slaughter?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mis fit farms

Reaction score
just thought id ask!
default_sad.png

Honestly, I couldn't answer that question. I am for horse slaughter, BUT a more HUMANE slaughter. If we just stop slaughtering all together, we are going to have an over population of horses. But, I really don't like the way horses are treated when they are bound for slaughter. That's MY opinion though.

Honestly, I couldn't answer that question. I am for horse slaughter, BUT a more HUMANE slaughter. If we just stop slaughtering all together, we are going to have an over population of horses. But, I really don't like the way horses are treated when they are bound for slaughter. That's MY opinion though.
I agree.

same here

have we not already talked about this?

Yes, i think slaughter is 'needed'. I dont think its right, but i cant fight it.

Therefore, i cant answer your poll.
default_sad.png

When you drive down the road and see a bag of skin&bones beside the rode with its head hanging on the ground with 100+ disease's that is killing it ...that horse should not be suffering. BUT i dont think it should stand in a horse trailer, in 2ft of crap and 50 horses around it for 400 miles with no water or feed, THAT i dont agree with.

What i also DONT agree with, is race horses being slaughtered because they loose a few races. Okay, i can think of 7 people are here who would be more then happy to have a 3yr old TB or SB. Killing a horse because it cant run as fast as you want it is just rediculous.

I think the horses that shouldnt be slaughtered, do get slaughtered sometimes though or get into the wrong hands.

But if only they could work out some of the horriably inhumane parts of Horse Slaughter ...it would be much easier.

Now, none of my horses will be going to slaughter. They were born respectiable, are now treated respectably and will die respectably in a human manner. But there are some cases that it is best.

I just cant understand the point of trying to take a horse out of its missery by putting it through hours and hours of misery on its way to be put out of its misery.

have we not already talked about this?
Yes, about 400 times.

Leeana

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=36pt]NO!!![/SIZE]

Slaughter is NOT the alternative to life!
default_frusty.gif
:

Just thought you'd ask? Why? This is your second thread about this same subject and you know how controversial it can get so do you just want to start trouble or what? May I ask how old you are?

[SIZE=36pt]NO![/SIZE] Why are animals threated so differently to humans? Humans are the overpopulated ones that are ruining the world but would they get slaughtered? No they wouldnt so why do horses have to go throught with it? Why Why Why??????????

And yes we have talked about this a billion times aready.

IM SORRY BUT I THINK AS A FIFTEEN YEAR OLD, YOU SHOULDNT KEEP BRINGING UP TOUCHY SUBJECTS ,WEVE ALREADY HAD A LOT OF POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT ,AND I FOR ONE DONT WANT TO GO DOWN THAT ROUTE AGAIN...IM SORRY IF THIS OFFENDS YOU!!

I agree with Shane.

I f you want to discuss this I suggest you go and do it on the Youth Forum as, to my knowledge, it has not been brought up on there before, so you might get some fresh answers.
default_smile.png

no I am not trying to start trouble Im try to get people to stop cruelty to animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!I figure if people think about it they will do somethig write sombody , donate money to the cause, anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(and im 14 not that it matters age doesnt have any thing to do with brains or thought procsses!)

Are we talking about the actual humane slaughter or the methods of transportation to the slaughter ? Because there are already laws governing both. The interstate commerce commission has laws restricting the types, size and number of animals that can be transported in commercial and PRIVATE trucks and trailers. As for the slaughter, its is already being done in a humane way with as little stress as possible. Subjects like this come up from time to time mostly as a result of propaganda fed by animal rights groups funded by people who are lead to believe every animal is transported in filth and squalor then dies kicking and thrashing while hung from a meat hook. Its just not so.

Are we talking about the actual humane slaughter or the methods of transportation to the slaughter ? Because there are already laws governing both. The interstate commerce commission has laws restricting the types, size and number of animals that can be transported in commercial and PRIVATE trucks and trailers. As for the slaughter, its is already being done in a humane way with as little stress as possible. Subjects like this come up from time to time mostly as a result of propaganda fed by animal rights groups funded by people who are lead to believe every animal is transported in filth and squalor then dies kicking and thrashing while hung from a meat hook. Its just not so.
How can you sit there and say the horse that are killed are treated fairly! some things (People)think that slaughter is a humane way to end a horses pain but that just isnt so, and how would you know how those poor horse are killed you ever been there!? Have you ever watched a horse bleed to death ? i sure dont wont to. sombody needs to speak out about this cruelty!!!!! :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
im beginning to wonder if you're prostesting so much because of my age and that you really thinkthis has been posted too many times. Or is it because you're secretly feeling guilty because youd rather not see them any more. out of sight out of mind, right? Mom says i need to forget this forum, cause your all too clickish and closed minded. i think shes right. its sad when a "kid" is more concened about the way things are. hope you enjoy your cutesy discussions. :no:

How can you sit there and say the horse that are killed are treated fairly! some things (People)think that slaughter is a humane way to end a horses pain but that just isnt so, and how would you know how those poor horse arekilled you ever been there!? Have you ever watched a horse bleed to death ? i sure dont wont to sombody needs to speak out about this cruelty!!!!! :no:
"Justaboutgeese" can say this because it's the truth! Have you sat there and watched a horse bleed to death? your 14 i'm not saying you don't know anything, because i know what it's like to be there. But i will say that being 14 you jump to conculsions, at this age you have not learned to think things through fully. The fact is horse meat is eating alot in other countries and is afordable for them. you can choose not to eat it, i have. Now please stop the over reacting animal rights drama queen act before it causes more fuss. you have already voiced your opion on this, an opion is just that, not an agrument. If you want to debate join a debating team. If age has nothing to do with thought process then you might have thought of that, or you might have thought to search the topic before re-posting it.

i'm sorry if i offended any one

"if we shadows have offended think but this and all is mended

that you have but slumbered here while these visions did appear

and this meek and idle theme no more yeilding but a dream

Gentles do not rheprehend

if you pardon we will mend, as i am an honst puck

if we have unearned luck

now to scape the serpents tounge, make amends erlong

else the puck a lier call, so good night unto all"

Miss Fit Farms

Just wondering what your solution would be to this?

Remember you would need to raise money for this to?

Oh and I do not find this forum clickish.

I'm just a two horse gal that never has shown a horse in her life.

actually i have researched this .im not arguing for the sake of arguing !i got more involved when a guy we know sold his daughters 4h mare to the killers because he didnt wont to feed it throgh the winter !Also horse meat is considerd a delicacy at 25 $ a pound not cheap >i would rather be a over reacting animal rigths dramma queen than an unfealing,uninvolved lemming!!maybe its childish but reverse dramma queens make me wanna hurl :smileypuke:

ohhh hun,

I was just like you months ago. You dont know how badly i'd like to take you to Sugarcreek and let you take a look around that auction, oh how fast your mind will change. It's the worst place to go to, but i dont think you have seen 'bad' untill you've seen that place. Its full of heartache's ...it changed my mind VERY fast!.

Most horses that go through there go to slaughter, about 75% of them NEED it. about 10% that shouldnt go, that are perfectly healthy, happy and wanted animals go to slaughter. The last few get good homes.

..its a real eye opener. Horses that go through that place are WHY we have slaughter
default_unsure.png
:

Latest posts

Back