Honkey Tonk...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
Anyone else have that song going round and round and round in their mind set???
default_wacko.png
: Geesh...what in tarnation ever possesed Trace Adkins. :472:

Funny you mention that. I have exactly that silly song playing over and over in my head. We listen to alot of different types of music but it is one of my son's favorites...right up there with "Jesse's Girl" by Rick Springfield. Can't believe my 9yo loves that song. It appears to have come full circle in our family now. :lol:

I can't help but keep singing it over and over either!! It's so silly and it grows on you...I find myself singing it to my pups and they start getting silly when I start singing it to them...something about the syllables of the words....I guess! :bgrin

What's worse is when you have to listen to your 9yo son singing the words and he gets the "Honkey Tonk, Badonka...." all messed up. He just makes it up as he goes. I said, "Good golly, if you're going to sing that silly song please, at least sing the words right!"
default_wacko.png
:

It does go round and round in the head once you have heard it. I have a 12 year old grandson who also loves that song and sings the chorus all the time. Once he starts thats all you can think of for the next few hours..

[SIZE=18pt]My 3 year old loves that song along with the song Boondocks. He dances and sings them both, it's so cute. Plus Trace Atkins looks just like myhusbands best friend.[/SIZE]

Christy

I LOVE that song!! I blast the CD in my car when I'm alone and sing and swing along!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My boys love it too - They love the "slap your grandma" line
default_wacko.png
:

I despise that song, but everyone is right, once you hear, you can't get it out of your head!

"It ain't for the glory, it ain't for the free whiskey...it's for the Padonka Donk." :lol:
default_wub.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Somehow I think that line ought to offend me but I just can't take it as anything but a great and funny piece. I LOVE Trace Adkins, he's got the most wonderful voice. His "Arlington" gives me shivers. Christy, is your husband's best friend still single?
default_eat.gif
:
default_whistling.gif
:

You want songs that irritate you for no reason you can pinpoint? How about Joe Nichols "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off?" I don't know why I hate that song but I do. Mom can't stand Trent Willmot's "Drunker Than Me" just on principle.

Leia

I met Trace Adkins when he got arrested for his DUI. He seems nice, but he sure is a tall drink of water! I am 5ft 5in and I felt like my head was gonna break off when I looked up at him..

I also hate that song too.

I forgot to ask you whether or not you had heard that song!!! I really like it!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

The other new one I really REALLY like is Little Big Town's "Boondocks"! :aktion033:

Liz R.

Leia,

Christy, is your husband's best friend still single?

No he's got a girl friend that none of us like. She's to stuck up. They break up at least 2 times a year and get back together. My mom's foster boys thought Tequilla makes her clothes fall of was about a young girl/woman. Then they saw the video. Let's just say they don't like the song anymore.

Christy

My mom's foster boys thought Tequilla makes her clothes fall of was about a young girl/woman. Then they saw the video. Let's just say they don't like the song anymore.

:lol: It is quite the music video..

I like that song!

And Honkey Tonk Badonka Donk

My mom cant stand either of those songs but I like all country songs so I guess thats the problem
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I LOVE the song "Boondocks"!!! Am I wrong or is this band's lead singer the son of the guy from "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band"'? I heard that rumor not too long ago.

Well and since we're on the country music subject.....I ususally like Geoge Strait...but his new one........"She let herself go"......I'm not crazy about. For some reason it does'nt sound right almost two songs meshing into one.

Every time that music video comes on my little nephew, tanner who is about three, turns around, puts his hands on his butt and starting shaking it. He's a strange little kid ...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

last spring, I heard Trace do Badonkadonk live, before the songs about me CD was released. it was the first time he performed it. I thought that was pretty cool.

:aktion033: Keepin Perfect rythm makes ya wanna swing along! Got it gooin onnn like DOnkeyKonk! and OOOOwEEE shut my mouth slap ur grandma! There outta be a law get the sherrif on the phone, LORD HAve MerCy hows she even get them britches on, that HonkeyTonkBaDonkADonk!! :aktion033:

lead singer the son of the guy from "Nitty Gritty Dirt Band"'?
I didn't hear that, but it would make sense - the whole CD is heavy in harmony!

Liz R.

i'm assuming from what i've heard recently that trace must have gotten Badonka donk from Chris Rock. That's what Chris Rock always referes to as "junk in the trunk" (his own lingo for it) lol.

it is a rather annoying song..but also DOES get stuck in you rhead

Latest posts

Back