Hired a beet pulp cook for the barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I finally figured out how to save myself from lugging a 5 gallon bucket of pulp from the house to the barn twice a day.

I purchased a bucket heater from TSC it heats water to boiling. However, it takes over an hour to heat well water sooooooooooooo I also purchased a outdoor timer at walmart.

I fill the bucket with water and put the heater in the bucket. The timer turns the water on 1 1/2 hours before I have to feed.

I mosey out to the barn and pour the HOT water into the bucket of dry beet pulp. I then water, hay and clean stalls and in little less than 1/2 hour I have 5 gallons of warm cooked beet pulp.

I'M DOING THE HAPPY DANCE HERE!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_yes.gif
: That is what I call smart farm management!

MA

Neat! I thought of doing something like that this winter but all the heaters I'd looked at would only keep the water about 40 degrees; they wouldn't actually heat it so I gave up the idea. Which one did you buy?

Leia

Arent those things great! I have one and use to make my beet pulp and alfalfa cubes. They work well and

get the water real HOT. They are perfect for when the weather gets cold.

you know... you can feed it dry and save yourself all work, and get the same results... just a thought.

Latest posts

Back