She's eating again! We even managed a little beet pulp

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Reaction score
In preparation for what is quite likely to be a Cushings diagnosis, I'm retrying my attempts to get my 14 yr old hard keeper with beet pulp. I've put about 1/4 cup of bp in 3 separate buckets. In one bucket I added smartgain4, the second, a drop of organic peppermint oil, and the third has a snack cup of unsweetened applesauce.

She actually kept her head in the applesauce bucket for nearly 45 seconds!

I also purchased Triple Crown Low Starch. She's eating it right down in a way I haven't seen her eat in ages. I'm also including Legends Omega Plus fat supplement.

I'm awaiting my order of the Nich Quick-Start calorie paste supplement from Jeffers. My vet said that would be a great idea to add in the mix for a while.

Now all we need is results from Cornell.

Good deal.... I certainly hope she continues to eat.
default_smile.png

Great news! Now lets keep her eating; small amounts to start and gradually increasing til she's where she's supposed to be. Just wonderful.

If your feeling is right and she is Cushings, you'll be amazed at the changes that can come about after adding the pergolide to her regime.

Latest posts

Back