High Thread Count Sheets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Sunny's thread about down filled duvets and duvet covers made me think of something to pass along.

Until a couple years ago, I didn't really "know" about high thread count bed sheets. NOW I do and OMG, they are the best!!!! Now that's all we have for our bed and there's no going back. They aren't even that expensive. I got some awesome ones at BJ's Club and at Overstock.com for maybe $85 or so (king size)? They feel so good against your skin.

Just for anyone who is interested
default_yes.gif

Heck yea. I can't stand "skinny" sheets that you can see through.

Martha Stewart put in a whole line of high count thread bedding at Kmart years ago, and now Walmart has recently picked it up in the high count too. Those stores do not have much to choose from though at all as you would a major department store, but they are available. You have to really look for them and read the labels because they both of course carry much more in the cheap low stuff. I just noticed it at Walmart over the holidays and said to myself "who knew"......was quite a surprise.

Oh and also January is the month for "white sales" so watch the papers for all the department stores to be putting their bedding on sale this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, I got some for Christmas, and I love them!!

They are melon green, and kinda stretchy and soft!! So so soft
default_wub.png

Yes, high thread count sheets may be heavenly to sleep on, but personally I like jersey knit sheets. They are cheap, soft and "cozy". JMO
default_laugh.png

Oh, there's nothing like the decadent feel of 1000-thread count sheets...I have been an addict since 1990 or so. The great thing about these sheets is that they only get softer with washing.

They feel almost like silk!

My dad loves flannel, but I can't stand how the fabric pills up over time.

Hi, my name is Liz, and I'm a high-thread count sheet addict.

Liz

My parents purchased some of these last summer and loved them, i must admit they are comfy. They just gave some to my brothers for Christmas actually. I think my mom picked them up at Sears or Kohls? I think they were in the $70-$85 dollar price range.

They do feel soo good BUT i personally like my black silk sheets just as much if not better. So silky and soft, even though they can shock the he** out of you at night, its well work it
default_laugh.png
. Some nights it looks like a lighting storm in my room
default_wink.png

Count me among those who refuse to sleep in less-than-1000-thread-count sheets.

My husband, when I met him, had those 300 thread-count things that was like sleeping on cardboard... when we moved out it was MY sheets and HE is definitely converted too...

I like to get mine on sale, or online like Amazon. Don't like spending over $100 for a Queen set if I can.

I would HIGHLY recommend high thread count sheets to anyone who hasn't discovered them!!!

Andrea

At what thread count do you consider it to be high? Do they wash and wear good? I am changing mine all the time, so hard for me to spend that much on sheets, unless they are "sturdy".

I bought some about a year ago from ebay...I believe they were 900 count maybe 1200...I haven't used my other sheets since. I just wash em and put em right back on...they are like heaven and I wash them at least once a week and they still feel/look brand new. I believe they were a couple hundred dollars, but so worth it!

I never knew about the thread count until recently. I have always been a bargain type gal. Last night I actually bought some new sheets and this is the first new ones I have purchased in many years. They feel so good that I don't want to get out of bed!
default_yes.gif

Gosh you guys...I feel so out of the loop! I don't even know how many threads are in my sheets...to tell you the truth I don't use sheets to cover myself...I have my favorite quilt that I use all year 'round. It's the kind that breathes...keeps you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.

I just love quilts, Cheyenne, but the great thing about these sheets is they get softer with washing, and I have had a set that lasted about 15 years as the only set on a bed used every night. Now I have two sets, one set is 800 tc, the other 1000. The 800s are for "roughing it" *LOL*

They used to cost a lot, when I first discovered them, but now as others have mentioned, you can get a bargain on them.

I wish that my grandma had known about higher thread count cotton when she made some of her quilts. They last so much longer than the lighter stuff. I want my quilts to last forever. She used to use sheets sometimes in her quilts.
default_smile.png

Liz

They are awesome, aren't they?

The best deals I got were the first from either BJ's Club or Overstock.com -- which was before I knew how worth $$$ these kinds of sheets are. That is all we use now, probably just like anyone else who has tried them.

One tip about the bed that we do, because we let our dogs and cat on the bed, is we put a regular flat sheet (not high thread count) on top of our comforter which makes us not have to wash the big comforter nearly as often (just change the top sheet when we change the bed linens).

At this moment, I'm snug in my bed between those nice sheets on my laptop and not wanting to get going and do my exercises and get going with the day...... but then it is still pretty early
default_yes.gif

sleeping3.gif

I actually learned about them watching Martha Stewart , I got some on clearance at TJ Maxx queen size for 40.00. Kathy

Call me old fashioned but I really miss the pernament press sheet that went on so neat and not a wrinkle to be seen. I actually have to iron these sheets before putting them on the bed as they come out of the dryer soooo wrinkled.

Count me among those who refuse to sleep in less-than-1000-thread-count sheets.

My husband, when I met him, had those 300 thread-count things that was like sleeping on cardboard... when we moved out it was MY sheets and HE is definitely converted too...

I like to get mine on sale, or online like Amazon. Don't like spending over $100 for a Queen set if I can.

I would HIGHLY recommend high thread count sheets to anyone who hasn't discovered them!!!

Andrea

Well! That shows you how much I know!! I thought 300 WAS high!
default_wacko.png
I've never even heard of 1000 t.c. sheets, but I'll be looking for them now!
default_yes.gif

Added: So those sheets that sound "crisp" no matter how many times they're washed... are those the really high thread counts?

One of the things I spare no expense on is bedding. Good sleep is so important to me.

I also can't stand fabric that will "pill" up over time. It's worse than sandpaper. I do realize a lot of people don't even look at thread counts but once the do there is never any turning back.

I agree with Linda L! I love the inexpensive cotton jersey knit sheets. They are comfy like an old t-shirt, plus they stay on the bed. I have had problems with every other sheet coming off of the bed. My husband is a big guy and the way he rolls around--it pulls the other sheets off of the mattress. Janet Day

hee hee Nootka, the 800's are for roughing it?? I know, how gross!!
default_biggrin.png
Love the 1000's!!!!
default_wub.png
We have an outlet mall in Niagara Falls that has a bed and bath place, you can get good deals on linens there. You just have to shop around a bit but it is well worth it, they last so much longer anyway.

Pam

I have had the same set of high count Ralph Lauren sheets for probably close to 5 years. I love them and it's the only set I have used. I wash them all the time and put them right back on.
default_smile.png
I would love to get a set with even higher count.

Back