High Hopes Auction - Did anybody go?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
Did anybody go to the High Hopes Auction yesterday in Guthrie, OK? Anybody have prices?

I'd love the prices too! We coudn't go-mare stare.

Back to bed I go!

Same here, Robin. I couldn't go. Waiting for a mare to foal. And she did.
default_smile.png

So did mine Becky! Around 12:45 PM sale day!

And another this AM whew!

Anybody?? I was home mare watching as well. There were 2 mares in particular that I was interested in. I was sad I didn't make it, my husband was not
default_smile.png

Judy - that is horrible... I purchased 2 (via phone bidding) and I am VERY happy with them.. So sad to hear of some being listed on CL already... I am still wondering on what the prices were as I bid on 2 others also but quit early to make sure I would have enough to get the 2 that I did end up with.

There were some extremely nice horses in this sale. It was very unfortunate that it conflicted with a show the same weekend thus keeping some buyers away. Whoever was able to purchase got some real bargains!

Don't discount horses that you see on Craigslist. Just because the auction buyer put them on Craigslist, doesn't mean they aren't being taken care of or are quality horses.

I know the 2 I purchased were VERY good bargains... I do hope that the horses that are already listed on CL are being taken care of -- just always sad to see horses going from home to home
default_sad.png
There were alot more I wanted to bid on but just not enough room here for all of them and it was hard to choose who to bid on since I was bidding via the phone and not in person..

Well, I did not say they were not being taken care of or that they are not quality horses as I know who owned them prior and know they were loved. Just sad seeing them being flipped for a quick buck...my bad?

Hello I am the auction buyer that bought minis at the auction and has posted some of them for sale on craigslist. Before you continue to slander me I would like you to know a little bit about me. Yes I buy, train and sell horses and have done so for over 10 years. I take excellent care of all my animals and invite you to come look at them anytime. I was a vet tech for 7 years and take them to the vet when they need it and don't just wing it. As far as them going from home to home I will buy back the animals I sell. I love training our minis and I'm excited my daughter loves them too. I enjoy taking a mini that either doesn't have training or the owner no longer sees there value in them and turning them into something special for the right family. And I am thankful that my husband trust me even when I bring home some very neglected horses that I just can't leave behind. I expect my hobby to pay for it's self and I'm sorry if this offends some of you. Please feel free to PM me.

Sincerely,

Marie Bartlett

Twisted B Minis

www.twistedbminis.com

I don't know you, but I am glad you are doing something with auction Minis.Sounds like you have knowledge to train them and improve their life.So many times Minis are just left to be ill behaved and obnoxious by well meaning buyers who just want a yard ornament.Bad behavior and lack of training should not be excused just because of small stature.I applaud you for training them so someone will want them.Sounds like you are not getting rich from your actions.

Marie has bought several horses from me and they have gone on to great families, the only one I wish I had kept for Holly--should have waited till her little boy was old enough to wean and kept him--Holly would have still be sold as we did not get along. I understand she is in a wonderful home now. Marie has also worked with one of my R/ASPC gelding that needed a job so she started him in jumping and obstacle. She also had permission to sell him if she got the opportunity but he came home and is still here.

I would rather see them go to Marie than someone from Mexico who has come up to purchase cheap minis for the Mexican Rodeo or worse which has happed at this sale before. She at least spends quality time with them, teaches them a job, and then they get a great home when they leave her place.

Marie, when is that baby due??? Thought she should have been here by now.

Thank you Bevann and Davie for your kind words.

Davie, Im due June 9th but at my Dr's Apt today he said I could have her anytime
default_smile.png

Holly is doing great she had a gorgeous palomino colt last month and her family is crazy about her. Her 2011 bay colt (Pepper Jack) is doing great also he is very loved by his family and the neighbors. If they ever sell him he will come back to us and I will let you know.

Happy Trails!

Marie

God bless you Marie, I don't know you, but I've been to several auctions where some of them just couldn't get a bid, I've bought them and turned them around for resale. Where else would they end up, in a killer barn? Shame! You just never know, but can't take a chance. Good for you taking in these guys, and after all this is still America where capitilizism is king, why shouldn't you make a buck, problem is like me I'm sure you probably lose a few bucks as well. What I'm trying to say is better you or I then the killer!

Latest posts

Back