Hi, From Colorado! New to forum and miniature horses :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the best miniature horse forum that you will ever find i.m.h.o.

So many kind and helpful people
default_aktion033.gif

Welcome from Australia and welcome to the wonderful world of minis.

I thought you were the young girl in the first photo as well. Decided you could write and spell very well for such a youngster.
default_biggrin.png

My minis run with the old arab mare. Never had a problem...touch wood.

I did have a Standardbred here for a while, as a free lease. Lord Humphrey (mini gelding party boy) chased him until he begged to be saved.........Humphrey just wanted to play.......he's like that.

That was OK but later the Standardbred got my most innocent of little mares in a corner and literally tore strips off her rump. He went back where he came from Pronto! No one gets my Millie in a corner.
default_laugh.png

Welcome to the wonderful world of the miniature horse forum. A place of great help and information. I am also from Colorado, however I am in Oklahoma until May
default_sad.png
) I live in the Canon City area. What town are you closest too? I drive my mini and have a goat. You can e-mail me if you would like. Debbie

Welcome from Australia and welcome to the wonderful world of minis.

I thought you were the young girl in the first photo as well. Decided you could write and spell very well for such a youngster.
default_biggrin.png

Hah! I will actually be 30 in November :D

My minis run with the old arab mare. Never had a problem...touch wood.

I did have a Standardbred here for a while, as a free lease. Lord Humphrey (mini gelding party boy) chased him until he begged to be saved.........Humphrey just wanted to play.......he's like that.

That was OK but later the Standardbred got my most innocent of little mares in a corner and literally tore strips off her rump. He went back where he came from Pronto! No one gets my Millie in a corner.
default_laugh.png
I do believe I would have done the same thing in that situation...Poor little girl
default_sad.png

Welcome to the wonderful world of the miniature horse forum. A place of great help and information. I am also from Colorado, however I am in Oklahoma until May
default_sad.png
) I live in the Canon City area. What town are you closest too? I drive my mini and have a goat. You can e-mail me if you would like. Debbie
That's awesome! I am only about 35 minutes from Canon :D How cool is that?!?

Welcome from warm and windy Northern CA.

Cute Minis! You'll love them.
Thanks! I can't wait till they get here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the wonderful world of miniature horses, and glad you found us here at the best interactive Miniature Horse web site on the net!

Welcome, from the South Plains of Texas. You have definately come to the right place. Everyone here is so helpful
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
. I'm also new to minis and have found a wealth of knowledge on the forum. cute fur babies
default_yes.gif
. your son will love them as much as you do.

Welcome, from the South Plains of Texas. You have definately come to the right place. Everyone here is so helpful
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
. I'm also new to minis and have found a wealth of knowledge on the forum. cute fur babies
default_yes.gif
. your son will love them as much as you do.

Thanks! I hope he does love them as much as I do
default_smile.png
I think they will be good for him to get used to handling and grooming horses.

Thanks! I hope he does love them as much as I do
default_smile.png
I think they will be good for him to get used to handling and grooming horses.

I have a 2 1/2 yrs old Grandson that loves to groom and help take care of our minis. He even tries to help clean their hooves.
default_wub.png
Really all the Grandkids like to help, which helps me too
default_aktion033.gif
and there is plenty of loving.
default_yes.gif

Welcome, From Western Colorado
default_saludando.gif
I have never been to Grand Junction, though I would love to take a road trip that way some times. I know my Hubby wants to go to Moab, UT sometime soon, so maybe we will see it then, lol
default_smile.png

Welcome to the forum from southeast Oklahoma, and congratulations on your new Minis.

My family and I love Colorado. We used to go nearly every summer, but are past due a trip. Maybe this year.
I moved here in 2009 from South Louisiana. It has been a huge change, but I LOVE it! Well...except for those crazy cold temps we have had recently! I could live without that ;)

I have a 2 1/2 yrs old Grandson that loves to groom and help take care of our minis. He even tries to help clean their hooves.
default_wub.png
Really all the Grandkids like to help, which helps me too
default_aktion033.gif
and there is plenty of loving.
default_yes.gif

Awww, that's sweet
default_smile.png
Mine has been okay with the horses...I guess it is me that would prefer him to mess with something a little smaller, lol. My big boy, Dakota, spooked one day and took off at a full gallop with my 5 year old (who has only been led around on a horse about 5 or 6 times) on his back. He hung on like a champ, but it scared me terribly. When I got to them, all kiddo could say was, "Holy cows!", lol
default_biggrin.png
I was very proud of him for that, but I haven't put him back on a horse since...It was the single scariest moment that I have had in a VERY long time. It has been fine with him, as he isn't as in to horses as I am, but should he decide that he wants to ride, I would rather him be on something a little closer to the ground, lol ;)

"Holy Cows" so funny. My youngest son adores horses and I can't keep him away. He has chosen my stallion as his favourite and he couldn't have chosen better. He has been leading him out since he was less than 2 and he loves cleaning him too. The stallion is an absolute angel with him. If Alberto (son) falls over Eagle(stallion) just stops dead and holds up a foot waiting for him to get up and then they are off again.

Here they are hard at work

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Holy Cows" so funny. My youngest son adores horses and I can't keep him away. He has chosen my stallion as his favourite and he couldn't have chosen better. He has been leading him out since he was less than 2 and he loves cleaning him too. The stallion is an absolute angel with him. If Alberto (son) falls over Eagle(stallion) just stops dead and holds up a foot waiting for him to get up and then they are off again.

Here they are hard at work

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That is so sweet! You have got a saint pony there
default_smile.png
If Alex turns out to like my guys, I hope they are as good with him as your little stallion is
default_wub.png

I am from Colorado also...Penrose area. I have a Batman too...but I call him BMan...he is also black and white...and I have a Scotty. Nice to have you here! Michele

Welcome from Southern Maryland - plenty to learn here and plenty of folks willing and eager to share information and ideas. No point reinventing the wheel when so many can share their tricks of the trade based on their experiences.

we use the tape ribbon also to divide pastures and move groups around. Very easily done and you can use the tape over and over again. We actually just knot it around our existing electric fence so no battery necessary. Only had one problem of horses getting out and that was because a deer (or multiple deer) ran through it. Only happened once thankfully.

as far as big and minis sharing run-ins and pastures - never here - and sounds to be the consensus from everyone. Minis can fight or challenge eachother but when they do - it's their same weight coming at them. One strike just right to a minis head from a 1,200 or 1,500 lb horse can kill them. We rehomed our quarter horse mare last year becuase she was taking up pasture space better utilized by the minis - and as gentle natured and trusted as she was - I wasn't taking any chances.

Latest posts

Back