Heya MaryLou..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one mean on here. We are all just stating our opinions like you are and now you are saying we are mean. I call that an attack also.
default_wink.png

I also think Donna is so right that with age comes wisdom, experience, patience, caution and a few other things that the young should think about. I know many, many young people who have all this and you may be included but don't just assume that "old" people don't know anything. You know what assume means don't you?
default_wink.png

State your opinion any time your little heart desires but don't be surprised if someone doesn't agree with you.
default_smile.png

No one's been mean. It's not mean to have a different opinion and state why you've formed that opinion. I haven't seen anything expressed here that should be taken personally by anyone, except maybe those 72 and older (halfway kidding but actually something "mean" was said about them as a group).

Last edited by a moderator:
In defense of McCains face I believe I had read some time ago that he had cancer on his face that had to be operated on and thats why one side looks different.

What I meant by the age of McCain is that will he be alert, healthy, and mentally strong enough to handle 4 years in the White House ? What if he suffers from dimensia or heart attack, stroke, more common in that age group. He appears weak to me, physically.

Well, whatever... say what you want.

No one can possibly know the answer to your questions. Not ALL 'old' people are senile, unhealthy nor do they all have strokes and heart attacks that can not be overcome.

My mother-in-law was 2 weeks away from her 94th birthday and until two days before she passed away from cancer she was exceptionally alert. She lived by herself and could still drive around her home town. She did her own cooking, shopping and washing her clothes. Until that fall when the cancer was found, she traveled, by car, to AZ and spent the winter in her home there. Then every spring my husband would fly down and drive her back.

I can remember when I was young thinking 40 was old! Now that I'm 62, 72 doesn't seem so old, and when I was 50, 60 didn't seem so old. By the way my husband will be 73 in December and I can tell you he can and does out work many men much younger than him.

So don't be so quick to judge, as you get older you will see that those years that you once thought were sooooo old and feeble are much younger than you once imagined.

Ok sorry but LAUGHING at 72 being to old, obviously you don't know my mom, she's 74 and would chase you down and THEN kick your butt for that comment!! And she wouldn't have any trouble catching you, trust me she could catch me! She's sharp as a tack, quick as a wink and still flies a 1/2 million dollar plane around the country with her 78 year old boss that I'd vote for as President in a heart beat. With age comes WISDOM and I admire most of my elders.

As for Mccains face, he had a melanoma on his left cheek, that is what the scarring is from. And I looked him in the face and shook his hand today, I didn't see any signs of a face lift, and yes, I looked for them. He's sharp as a tack and healthy as a horse, and also quick witted and funny. He's not fear mongering, he's proud and loves his country.

om

In defense of McCains face I believe I had read some time ago that he had cancer on his face that had to be operated on and thats why one side looks different.
You are correct, Kay
default_smile.png
And, I tell you, when he was younger, he was VERY handsome!!!
default_biggrin.png

at McCain he looks like he has had a face lift.
Bidens forehead is full of botox.

McCain had a melanoma on his left cheek, that is what the scarring is from. And I looked him in the face and shook his hand today, I didn't see any signs of a face lift,
Thank you for posting that. I was getting eady to look it up.

Isn't it great that looks don't qualify you for president?

Powell says Obama can run this country on his personality!!! :Cold-Scared
default_wacko.png
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back