Heritage Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJF

Reaction score
Since it's the Kentucky Derby time (and I live in Ky) there are a lot of horse related commercials on tv. And, there's a commercial for the Heritage Sale!! It's really nice and is good for breed promotion since soo many people are watching the races! Well, just thought I would mention that to you guys! Have a good weekend everyone! :bgrin

Oh- I am so glad you saw it. I have only caught it once so far myself! I am on the marketing comittee for AMHA and we are trying to get the BOD to try some commerical advertising throughout the country. We are tracking the commercial thru our website and a toll free number that is tracked. This way I can show the BOD and comittee exactly how many hits of "new" viewers we attracted as well as calls we received specifically from the commercial. It is doing very well for the Heritage Sale. Thank you to all the corporate and farm sponsors who paid to have it produced and the air time!

For more information or if you would like to see the commercial just e-mail or check out the website.

We are doing as much as possible to draw in new people to our miniature horse world! If you have any suggestions, we would love to hear them.

Thanks-

Robin-LKF

www.theheritagesale.com

www.littlekingfarm.com

[email protected]

Oh that's so neat!!! I will check out the website when I'm at the office on the DSL! I look forward to seeing the commercial
default_yes.gif
: I'm sure it is top notch!

Oh MAN I wish I had DSL. I would love to see it. Knowing your efforts I know it has to be spectacular.

I don't see a link to watch the commercial on the website. Am I missing it somewhere. It would be interesting to see.

Thanks for continuing to promote the minis!

Thanks for posting the commercial. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that! I am really excited to report back to the BOD and committee about the commercial response. I think this will be really good for the entire industry- especially if we can get AMHA to do some of them in markets around the country. I do advertising outside of the farm for other companies- radio, tv and other print media. There hasn't been horse breeders or registries doing this sort of advertising yet. However-it is very successful for the alpalca breeders.

Anyway- the commercials were purchased on NBC in Louisville and Lexington Ky markets (close to the farm here) during strategic times to hit farmers and business people- and especially horse enthusiasts during the Kentucky Derby Race week. We had 20 commericals running this week alone in the 2 markets. The Heritage Sale web hits have doubled in visitors with new visitors of approx. 80%. I can also tell in what state and country and sometimes city the visitors are from. I hope we can draw in at least one new person to the miniature world- and hopefully many more! We have another 50 commercials running the next 3 weeks prior to the sale- so it will be interesting to see if the web visits decrease or stay consistent without the Derby Race coverage going on at the same time.

I will let you all know how it works. Thanks for your input. We are hoping to branch out in a new direction for the industry- not just "sitting on the same island trading rocks" as Roy Brewer said to me once, but getting out there and drawing new people in. We need more addicts- you can't just have one you know!

Robin-LKF

The Heritage Sale

Little King Farm

PS- I think I figured the link thing out! :aktion033:

can the sale be veiwed online at the time of selling?? if so can someone tell me the link please...thanks

Right now we are getting quotes from some of the most experienced companies with horse auctions online. We are considering Post Time Tech (they handle the Fasig Tipton and Keenland sales). It will be a live stream viewing of both the Preview on Friday and the Sale and Presentation Saturday night. We haven't worked out all the details, but we will definitely have a link to whoever from the Heritage Sale website once we get it finalized. So- please keep checking back to the site and once I know I will also put a post somewhere on Lil Beginnings about it.

Thanks- Robin-LKF

Robin maybe you have this info on the site but my computer is soooo slow these days it is to frustrating to go to many websites. Is there a video available for purchase of the sale or the presentation the night before?

I viewed the commercial, which is wonderful....but I want to say that if you havent also viewed the "dvd" (you download it from the website), you are missing out!!! I cried while watching it...since I havent had the pleasure of going to the sale in person, this was like the next best thing..and seeing all those GORGEOUS stallions up on that stage made me cry!! ('course part of this is hormonal, too....
default_wacko.png
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: )

It is my dream to someday see Buckeroo in person (and I know time is an issue due to his age)....*sigh*
default_wub.png
:

I will be going to the Heritage Sale and see Buckeroo in person for the first time! I can't wait! BTW, Robin if you read this, do you all still have East Acres Golden Jubilee? Last I heard of him, his health wasn't too good. I would love to see him if it's possible, I have a stallion that I adore by him.
default_smile.png

Yes- we still have old Jubilee. I believe his health is very good- his mind and vision are another thing. His mind is a little loco- he has always had the crazy Roan Ranger/GMB streak to him, but he is more spastic now because his sight is almost gone. He has something they call moon blindness. When he is outside for long periods of time- his eyes cloud over and water. One eye is worse than the other. We do still hand breed him to very few mares. As long as he stays in most of the day- his eye are fine, but he only sees shadows and such. There is a daughter of Jubilee's consigned this year to the sale- a rare offering.

You will be able to see him (athough this year there are so many new stallions coming in for Buckeroo Avenue, he will be moved to another barn during the sale) while you are here for the sale as well as all the other horses that we have here- on Sunday. We do not do farm tours prior to the auction. It isn't fair to the consignors to be showing them other horses that are for sale when they have brought theirs here for that purpose.

Anyone who wants to see the farm horses can schedule times for tours on Sunday when they are here.

Stop me and say hi- I look forward to seeing you here. BTW- if you could send an e-mail to register for the sale- that would be so helpful. We are trying to get a good head count for food etc. We are getting such a good response from the commerical, I want to be sure we have enough for everyone.

Thanks- Robin-LKF

I just watched the commercial here in my office (where I've got DSL) and it is very impressive!!! I love it
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Great commercial Robin!

It's great to see your family leading the pack. Hopefully AMHA will follow suit with the commercials. If it does half of what it does for alpaca breeders we should all be thrilled! It make alpacas seem like the animal we all need!

All our best for another successful sale - I keep saying 'next year' every year, but next year I only have few foals coming so next year might be the time I can make it! I'd love to see Buckeroo again. We had an enjoyable visit last year, my kids - especially my daughter still rave about him.

You and your family really do alot for the miniature horse industry, which directly and indirectly benefits all of us. From your fabulous breeding program, the Heritage Event, John's pioneering research and now mainstream advertising - I know I'm appreciative! So thank you!!!

Latest posts

Back