Here we go again . . . .

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacy Score

Reaction score
Batten down the hatches all you NW'ers! We are getting torrential rain, mountains are expecting 36" of snow overnight, winds are expected to be 55-60 MPH with gusts up to 90 MPH on the coast and in the Strait of Juan De Fuca. I fully expect to lose power - which means water also - just hope that no trees come down on the barn - we are pretty safe here in the house but there are some pretty big cedars down near the barn and with the ground so saturated it wouldn't take much to knock them over.

So far this year in the last month:

So much rain that it completely flooded most of Western Washington.

Snow and ice storm that completely shut down the entire Seattle/Tacoma area - people stranded in cars for up to 12 hours and a couple of deaths. Northern Washington got several feet of snow and had those poor folks without power for several days!

Big windstorm a couple of days ago - again, knocked out power all over

And here we go again . . . .

Hopefully will be able to check in with everyone tomorrow to see how all are fareing!

Hang in there NW'ers - good luck!

Stac

Oh Nooo!!! That definitely is NOT good news!! Oh my my my.....stay safe and keep us updated if you can.
default_sad.png

This sure has been one heck of a winter already and it's not even winter yet!! I am in northern Snohomish county (about 40 miles north of Seattle) and we got everything that Stacy mentioned AND two days without power and no water. Good thing the neighbor let us get water by bucket when he was running his generator and thus his well pump. (Note to self: clydesdales drink a LOT of water when you have to carry it by the bucket!)

I'm with you Stacy...there are no big trees south of our house, but there is a giant one that would take out 1/2 my new barn if it came down. I figure it's been there at least a 100 years and totally healthy, hopefully it'll stay up! I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a dry place to put my horses every night.

I too have prepared for another power outtage. At least the one from a couple of weeks ago showed us where we could do better. And at least the temperatures aren't near as cold.

Hope we can all keep checking in!

Jayne

Geez you guys have really been getting it over there. Hope you keep safe and sound. We seem to eventually get your storms here but so far haven't been terrible....lots of wind and cold predicted tomorrow and this wekend though. Not looking forward to it. Keep warm and have lots of candles on hand along with water to drink. Mary

Back