Help Needed, please. Really easy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyWI

Reaction score
I am associated with a horse rescue here in Wisconsin: Midwest Horse Welfare Foundation. They do an excellent job with the horses and they are a real rescue rather than a hoarding operation: they don't take in more horses than they can handle. They are very thorough in placing horses, have requirements for potential adopters, and they retain ownership of the horse for 5 years post-adoption in order to be sure the horses is cared for and not just passed alone or BRED. Their website is www.equineadoption.com if you want to take a look.

They are involved in an on-line voting competition for "best rescue", and are up against all the regular shelters for dogs and cats and speciality rescues. Currently they are actually in 4th place! The grand prize in $10,000, which would be just such a help. Hay for the rescue this year cost $8K (and they are getting it for around $2 a bale, so they're getting a great deal on the hay), they need a couple of automatic waterers, well it's a horse rescue so you can imagine. Both Karen and Scott who run the rescue have real jobs, so anything they get in fundraising goes to the horses, not to pay their personal bills. MHWF is a charitable organization (501c3 or whatever).

They also take in miniatures! This place has a wonderful reputation throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa, and the extra money would certainly help a lot more horses, so if you could vote for them, it would be a wonderful thing!

If you do vote, be sure to unclick the box on the very bottom of the window where you sign in (and you can use a fake name), so you don't get updates from the site.

Here is a direct link to vote for Midwest Horse Welfare Foundation.

http://www.care2.com/animalsheltercontest/76364

I voted...Hope you win!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I voted. Sandy if you believe in the group I know it must be a good one.

Latest posts

Back