Help My mom is Nuts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR

Reaction score
Hello All!

I wanted to share with you what my mommy did to me yesterday! It was a nasty cold day and a few flurries were flying around I was thing wonderful it is soo cold that I won't have to work today I can just hang out with my girl friend and have a lazy day and I was beging to think that was the case! Until! Late in the afternoon! I was naping next to Daisy May(my girl friend she is a Cow) when I heard mommy comming out! She had her arms full of stuff and stuck it in the back of the big Red car. Then I saw her hook up the old red trailer I though oh the horses are going to go some where! After that she came and caught me. I thought humm this is not going to be good! She tied me up brushed Daisy May's kisses off of me. And then she put these red things on my head that made an annoying noise and light up! Mom Called them antlers! Next she put this thing on my nose and tied it to my new red halter. It was round, red and flashed she called it a Rudolf(sp) nose. After that Grandma went oh and aww. and mom took it off and put me in a stall I hate being in the stall.! Then she went away so I thought mabey this is not to bad but them! She brought Chief, Thunder, Cole and Pepper in and put them in stalls we were all tring to figure out why we were in stalls so early. When it was almost dark she came back took me out and made me get in the trailer I have never been in this trailer and was not to sure but then she brought all the horses out to! After we left when we stoped we got taken out of the traier and tied up there was all kinds of noise and lights and pretty things. Mom Dressed the horses in Jingle bells, and Light stick things, Put pepper in the cart and them put that nose and antler things back on me. Then she handed my lead to Grandpa! Grandma had thunder and cole and Aunt Maddie had Chief Mom got to ride in the cart behind pepper. We started over to where mom said we had to get inline in front of a Yellow truck and behind a white Trailer but this was not any kind of trailer I had ever seen. Well on the way over we were walking in the soft dry grass then we had to get on the hadr wet dark pavement and I did not want to go I knew I would fall but Grandpa talked nice to me and told me it was ok! so I went. Well we stood there for what seemed like eve rand my antlers were hurting my head so thunder helped me out he took them off for me and steped on them. I was like YES that is better! Them mom said thats ok I have another pair! Well I knew i was stuck now becasue they moved thunder away and I did not want to make mom sad so I wore them! After that the line started moving we went up the road and past all kinds of people I wanted to go see the kids sooo bad grandpa let me go see some of them but he said we could not stop for all of them becasue we had to stay in line.! I really like this it was worth leaving Daisy May until, we got to these bars and wholes in the road Grnadpa called them Train Tracks well I did not want to step on them so I leaped Really high! ALL the people on the side of the road cheered! then we got to walk down to the end of another street and I got to eat grass while Grandpa went to get there trailer!!

It was alot of fun i hope i get to do that again some day! I really like to see the kids they were soo cute in there winter Fur!!

Thanks for letting me share! Mom said she would put pictures up later when she get them develloped (what ever that means)!

I got to go before Grandma sees me in the house!

Fonzzie!

You poor little guy your mommy is crazy
wacko.gif
but you know she does love you
wub.gif
I wish I could have been there to see that! It sounds like an awesome night. Can't wait for pictures.

You poor abused donk!! Just what was mommy thinking

PS Mommy, we want pics!!

Hay Fonnzie, I know what you mean, I have to sneak into the house and try not to leave hoofprints around too, but Moms floor is this wood stuff and its really hard to try to be quietor slip. I cant let Dad know I'm coming in, Mom wouldnt care..but Dad -OHHHHHHHHH, of course he wouldnt be mad at me, but he would be mad at Mom, and I dont want that to happen, I like being spoiled! I sneak in and use her computer and email all my girlfriends out there. I had to tell them all about my new blanket, and how I feel like such a sissy waering it..its got gosh dang pleats in the front , (gussets) and my Dad said only girls wear pleats, really hurt my feelings since I am such a stud-muffin! Anyways, I had to wear those antler things your talking about too, so I could get my picture taken, and now she is telling me I should wear then when we go to visit the people that LOVE me so much in the nursing home! I'm not sure about all of this stuff..I mean gosh--if she wanted a reindeer , why did she buy me and not one of them? Of course I LOVE trying to do all the things my Mom wants to do and I love going visiting, she said next year we might bring my buddy Zeebo along, and my AUnt (Moms sister) has all these plans fro WeeBit, poor fellow he dont know what hes in for but I bet he will love it, hes so much fun to play with. I wonder what my Aunt Lori has in store for Jasper?? I should really warn him, dont you think? Well, I have to trot back to my stall now, I hear footsteps coming. Take care buddy, and have fun, at least we know how to make people smile and bring them some cheer. Snickers

Hi Snickers and Fonzzie!! Wow - that was some adventure you had Fonzzie - I think I would love to do something like that some day. But mom said she has to get one of those thingys that she can put me, Nakota, Winnie, Smokey and Shadow in first. You know - those things that they put us in to take us for rides - I think they are called trailers? The most adventure that I have had lately is when mom told me she was going to take a pair of her socks and sew them ( socks - sew? )
ohmy.gif
and put them on my ears and then fasten them to my halter. Now WHY in the world would she want to do some thing LIKE THAT??! I am so glad that the weather is starting to warm up a little because she said that now I wont have to wear them. Oh thank you thank you! I guess that all I can hope for is that if some day she does make me wear these sock things, is that they are at least grey to match with my color. IT WOULD BE TERRIBLE IF THEY WERE PINK OR SOME THING!!
ohmy.gif
Mom says I have to get out of the house now cuz dad will be home soon and he will not be a happy camper if he catches me in here!
new_shocked.gif
Bye! Jasper

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Snickers Jasper and any other Donkey friends!

This week was very calm I think mom is plainning some secret becasue I have not had to do anything! I got to stay in the barn or pasture with my girlfriend Daisey MAY, and eat hay and grain We even got to watch our first Snow of the year and my first Snow in this new wonderful home.! Mom keeps talking about this speical day called Ch-ri-st-mas Not sure what that is but she seems pretty happy! I just wish she would quite making that awful noise while she feeds. Daisey called in singing but I don't care what it is called it is awful! She also said something about hanging decorations tomarrow I wonber what that is I hope I don't have to do anything!! The best part about this Ch-ri-st-mas stuff is I am getting a few extra ear rubs! Well that has been my week!

Jasper If my mom covers my ears I will just have to screem! I would not like tat at all!

Snickers I know what you mean about the antlers If they wanted deer so bad why don't they just go buy one!

Well I got to trot Grandma is comming!

Bye

Fonzzie

Hi Fonzzie, I am glad your week is going well, so is mine , but today starts another one and lord only knows what that will bring! Dad is out in our pasture now cleaning all our poopies out of it, so I figured I could sneak into the house and email you a few lines. I'm lucky, my Mom dont sing, we would probably all jump the fences and run away from home if she did, but we have this stupid thing in the barn that plays music to us..Mom said is comforting for us..I say --- bring on the rock'n'roll and the girls and we'll party, you dont want to know what Mom said about that! My house (the barn ) is all decorated for Christmas, I know all about this day, my real Mom was asked to be in a live nativity and I heard my other Mom talking about it. Do you get presents? We do. You know those antler things we talked about, well, now Mom made these green swag things and hung one over each stall and guess what is hanging in the middle of mine--YUP--those antler things! My other pal, Zeebo, he has candy canes, that he has to wear, boy--does he look dumb with them on! I told Mom to take some pics and send them to you. ohhhh---I hear Dad coming, I have to hurry and trot back to the barn. talk to you later, my donkey pal. BTY--I dont think Jasper got his ears covered, if he does he will probably run away from home, and come over to my house, he use to live with me, so he knows they way, and its not very far. Snickers

Hey Snickers!

Ok My mom has gone and done it now! I am sooo mad at her I could just spit! She locked me in with the other yerling colts today! And she still has not let me out! She said That I had to give the mares a turn in the big pasture! The worst part is that my dear sweat Dasiey May
wub.gif
Is not in here with me I have been pawing and pawing and fussing and mom just looks at me and tells me to quiet down she will let me out later!

Why do I have to share the big pasture why??

And on that presnt thing I am not sure this will be my first chrismas so we will have to see!

Well here comes mom I better go she might be comming to let me back out!

Fonzzie

saludando.gif

Good Morning my LongEar Friends, I have so been encouraged by all the excitement at your homes.
yes.gif

Oh Dear, I haven't introduced myself. I am Miss. Samanatha Diane, and I have to room with Legg's (you get the picture) and my brother Bucky Michael, which at times is really a pain in the butt, if you know what I mean. I just love it when my mom comes out to play with us. She usually has some kind of treat in her pockets, so my nose is always keeping warm in there.

But I have to tell you about her
rolleyes.gif
idea the other day. MOM thought that she could get us all to WEAR this BIG RED AND GREEN THINGS on our heads. Plus they had BELLS AND LIGHTS!!!!!!!
new_shocked.gif
She called them REINDEER HORNS... and said we all would look cute!!
no.gif
I did NOT want to do it.
wacko.gif

I was watching the others and mom taking their pictures....BOY DID THEY LOOK FUNNY. Dancer my mini-horse buddy, gave the biggest fight. But you know mom's, they persist until they get it.
crybaby.gif

I tried so hard NOT to smile
blush.gif
but I just couldn't help it. Mom running around and her and Tommy putting HORNS ON US!!!!
488.gif
Now she has the job of putting our pictures in her scrap book!! Sure hope none of my friends see it.
blush.gif

Well I hear mom coming with her Jingle Bells on, so I better wipe up my wet prints from this computer and skidattle.........
xreiter.gif

I will keep in touch, and be good to each other, MOM says Santa is watching!!
wink.gif
now I have to ask her about him!~!!
biggrin.gif

Hi Miss. Samanatha Diane

It sounds like my mom has a couple of matches out there!!

Who is this Santa and why is it watching??? Do any of you older Donkey friends know?????

Oh I am in troble got to go

Fonzzie

P.S. Grandpa sees me in the house!
xreiter.gif

Fonzzie, well let me tell you I am a old pro at this Santa Claus , after all I am going to be 3 yrs old..so I have been around for this Chiristmas thing for almost 3 years now..so yup--sure am a pro at it.I will tell you what I know..he doesnt come to visit in our barn ever tho, which I cant understand, but he does show up at Moms house, with bags of toys, and then the HUMAN family is all there, and he comes in thru the patio door..now, I always thought he was suppose to use the chimney, but I guess Moms chimney must be too small..cause this Santa is a BIG Santa! (or maybe Mom has a fire going and dont want to burn Santas hinney) then he yells something like HO-Ho-Ho and all the little kids get scared. of course since I am so brave and not afraid of anything, me and my friends stand right by the gate and watch him. Then when we have to go to our bedrooms (stalls) we have carrots and apples and goodies waiting for us..now that is the part I dont understand..how did the goodies get into the barn if Santa doesnt go into the barn? Let me know if you figure it out. Ohh-one other thing, they say he flies thru the sky with his reindeers..well, since we had to wear these reindeer things dont you think we should be flying too?? We should practice that! But the odd thing is, Moms Santa sleigh, never is moved from where it always sits. Its a good thing I'm small or she just might want to hook me up to it. Ok, so maybe I'm not the old pro of Santa and still have a few things to figure out, but I hope this clues you in a little of what the big red man is! Got to trot back to the barn, I hear my beet pulp and grain is waiting for me..cant miss a meal you know! Snickers

....I forgot to tell you, my house, (the barn) looks like he will be stopping to visit us..its all decoratd, and we even have a christmas tree..now I have to find out all about those things, my job just never ends...dont you think SOMETHING should be put under the tree???????? Ohhh, its a tough job being the oldest one here. Jasper , you should of stayed living by me..I could use your help! Miss Sam, I have been told all about Bucky ..I feel bad for you, but you know where I live come on over..ooopps....maybe I shouldnt say that last time my Mom told one of your pasture friends to come over, he jumped the fence and was looking for my Moms thing that pulls us where ever we have to go, I dont think it made your Mom and Dad too happy! Got to run all my long eard buddies..I have a lot of homework to do on the christmas thing. Snickers

Hey Snickers!

I think I understand this Santa thing well see what happens here!!

Now I got another Question! MOm moved me and the colts into the back pen that is by the computer so she can love on us all day! But I have a question I did not notice this earlier but now i can see it! THere is a TREE in the house? Why is there a tree in the house and what are the shinny things on it?

Fonzzie

Fonzzie, we have one of those tree things in our house (barn) I thought Mom was bringing it in for us and that we would be able to run around the barn without having to stay in our rooms, so I figured this tree thing was for us to get a good scratch on, or it was a new treat to eat. BUT boy oh boy, was I wrong, when I went up to it and tried to eat a branch, she shooed me away, but I did manage to pull a few of those red ribbons off, we dont have those shiny things on our tree, and then I was really in trouble because I almost pulled the whole tree down. My Mom has one in the house too, heck, I see one in every room. Maybe that Santa has something to do with this tree thing too?? but I still dont understand those shiny things....and whats with all those little white and colored things that make the tree bright? We dont have them either in the barn, I wonder if I should go out and look for a job and buy some of them..they sure are pretty! We're getting snow tomorrow so I wll only be out to play with my friends for a little while. Then Mom has some friends coming over, they love me and always want a pic of the beautiful me. BTY--did you know I am not 100% donkey? I hope you wont feel offended by that and still like me and be my forum friend. My other pal here isnt 100% donkey either,but he loves me and takes good care of me, hes a little bigger then I am, hes 1/2 of this stripped thing, I think its called a zebra, he sounds funny when he calls me, but we are good buds. My other friends here are donkeys. I will see if I can get WeeBit to sneak into the house and email something too, hes a donkey and I think about your age, hes 9 months old, Zeebo is about your age too, Hes really friendly and likes to make new friends. you would like him. Got to trot back to the barn, I hear Dad coming down the hallway, and if he catches me on here...ohhh, I might not get my christmas presents, because he will say I dont belong in the house (and hurt my feelings!!) and I was naughty. I dont understand that NAUGHTY word either, I'm always good! Your forum buddy, Snickers.

Snickers are you one of the MULE things mom keeps saying she wants? What is a MULE and what dose it look like! Could you send me a pic of you? Mom sayes they are not all donkey and the rest is horse! How could that happen! I am so glad I made new friends like you guys!

My mom put a tree in our barn but the STUPID goats ate it in like aday

and My GIRL FRIEND knocked it over so mom took it away! So I am glad I am in the back pen so I can see the one in the house!

Well I got to go!

Fonzzie

Hi Fonnzie! Hey that is pretty funny that those goats ate the tree - silly goats!
laugh.gif
I have a secret - I know what Snickers is - but I dont think he knows!
biggrin.gif
He is a little guy too and he really use to be full of him self - chasing all of the little girl horses around their paddock...I know because I use to live there and would watch all of this. But then my old mom had the vet person come out and do some thing to him ( and ME TOO!!
new_shocked.gif
sad.gif
) and after that he never chased those girls again. Well I have to go or I will miss breakfast! Jasper

Good Morning Fonzzie and Jasper, and where the heck is our other friend..Miss Samanatha?? Well Fonz, I got to tell you, nope I am not a mule, so I guess you Mom wouldnt want one like me...I'm a ...a....a.....hinny, I am half horse (that was my Dad) and my Mom was Ella, she is a donkey. I hope you dont hold this against me..I really want to be your friend!!! That mule your talking about is the same as me 1/2 horse and 1/2 donkey, but you got to reverse the Mom and Dad to have one of them..I'm MUCH harder to get, and theres not alot like me.BUt if it makes a differance to you --you can call me a mule, alot of people do, until they see me. Mom said she will take my picture this weekend, ,Auntie Lori, are you going to come over and hold me???, BUT she wants to take it by a REINDEER..of all things, here we go again..those antler things, I can see it all coming!! This reindeer is a strange looking fellow--all he does is sit in Moms backyard, with some other strange things...not sure What the heck the others are, but one is BIGGGG and all white! Anyways back to this reindeer..I think I have this flying thing downpat---this guy in our backyard is all tied down, and Mom has to plug his cord in , dont know whats wrong with him that he has to be plugged in, but then he blows up. Gosh--I am so glad I am not a reindeer! I havent seen him fly yet, but I think if he wasnt tied down he just might. Dont know why Mom wont untie him, maybe I can try to do it myself and see if he does really fly, but if I do that I will have to fly too...right back into the barn so Mom dont know it was me!!! Jasper, I still am FULL OF MYSELF, how the heck do you think I get to sneak into the house and use the puter so often, and raid the garage of carrots and apples??? I still keep a close eye on those girls too, but something just seems different. What cha having for breakfast? I got my beet pulp and grain at 6 am this morning, Mom said something about a storm coming today. Did your Mom tell you about it? Fonzzie-do you have any snow where you live, by the way--where do you live?? Well, I have to gallop back home now, I dont want to get caught in the snowstorm. Fonzzie, my baby picture is SOMEWHERE on this forum, and so is Zeebos and I think Taco (WeeBit) is too. Maybe your Mom can look for us. But I will send you a grown up one of me too. Corinne

Fonzzie, my Mom found the post of me, but I am 17 months old..not 7 months old..taken last Feb. I havent changed a bit. Do you think I am cute? That pinto that was playing with us, now lives by jaspers house too, his name is Nakota. Snickers

Fonzzie, this is my pasture pal--his name is WeeBit, at first it was Taco, but my Mom changed it. He's camera shy. The second is a picture of our barn, it got dark, but I think you can see some of our decorated stalls. Mom said we were no help--because we kept trying to eat the green stuff, she also said not to look at the cob-webs. I guess if our ears would be longer we could get them down for her!
LilBitTaco.jpg
barnaisle2.jpg
Snickers

Latest posts

Back