HELP My mare hates me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My girls

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get my mare to trust me again. She had a colt and because of my available space they were together for a little over 15 months, well I just rehomed him on friday (still crying over it) but now my trusting and loving mare doesn't want to have anything to do with me. I walk up to her she will turn and walk away if I continue to follow her she will then run off. I don't know what to do any advice.

default_saludando.gif
ohhhhhh thats really sad....

has she just started to do this or she has allways been timid

She is going to need time, he was her buddy for 15 months, she is sad.. I would just pull up a chair and sit beside the fence she will come back around after her sad feelings part. Do you have other horses.. Maybe have her near them. They dont do well alone & if you do have others, she still has to get over him leaving Poor thing. Your sad so you know she is & she all so feels your vibe as you try to be friendly to her, let her come to you.. I know you just want to give her a big hug & the time will come.

Wish things work out for you FAST

I cant say I have ever had a mare act like that when weaning her foal. HOwever you did take her buddy away. That said, at that age you might be expecting another foal in the future.

she has always been friendly and she is with my other mare they been together for almost 2 years. She is the first mini I got (until her I always thought mini's had a pony attitude) but she was so sweet that's how I ended up with a total of 5

default_saludando.gif
Id say she peed of with you bc you got rid off her son

she:ll get over it

animals are very smart thay no whats going on

I'd turn her out with the other horses and let her get over it, a lot of them hate losing their buddies.

She won't be thinking "you took my buddy, I hate you." She is just stressing about her missing friend and if you have her on her own she'll be stressing about that.

I'd also think about getting her cehcked to see if she is in foal again, colts have served their own mum's before so you might want to rule that out.

naw that is so sad... just sit with her spend as much time as possible in the paddock, or where she can see you, playing with the other horses,

I would get her tested to make sure she isn't preggers again, don't want that
default_wacko.png

hoping she comes around eventually... I'm sure everything will be fine
default_yes.gif

Sorry she's being moody..
default_sad.png
She is just missing her buddy.
default_sad.png
I agree with everyone else. Just spending time with her sitting in a chair, she will come around.

Latest posts

Back