Help! Looking for opinions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
So Jasmine was bred one time only on June 13th, 2010. Did not come back into heat at all. Then in February while still cold and very very wet. She started dropping her winter coat. Shedding very quickly. The only one in the herd doing this. Gaining belly and weight. Then she would have a small bag that went up and went down. She has been irritable to her sister in the last few months. Actually biting at her at times which is really unusual for this mare. It's like she can't get enough to eat right now but I don't see a definite kicking from the foal. When I look I can see a mucus plug. She acts uncomfortable and can be seen standing butt to fence or wall of shop. This morning I go out to check on her and feed and her bag is flat.

Would love everyones thoughts on this. Vets say weird year for mares do to the strange weather we have had. Also she is completely shed out while the others are still shedding. She is not ill feels fine. I am about to go bald from tearing my hair out.

I cant understand why youre confused ...are you saying she tested not in foal ? she sounds just like a normal pregnant mare
default_smile.png
admittedly she started bagging very early but not feeling kicks isnt that unusual - some foals just arent very active
default_smile.png

No not confirmed. I will try to get a picture tonight. As of last night no more mucus plug. I am hoping for the next couple days.

check her vulva and rectum, if they are alined it is a sign delivery is near. my mares do this when they are very close. delivery is usually within 24 hrs. or less. not scientific but an observance with mine. good luck

Latest posts

Back