HELP!! Horse has issues

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]My friend has a mare who is the mare from H#!!. She will almost try to kill you when you try to do her head or legs. She is only 28 inches tall but don't let that fool you. One year my friend even tranquilized her. That only helped a little. Personally if I had one that hard, she just wouldn't be shown. Too much stress for all parties concerned :bgrin Her daughter used to show her 4H. She would do the body and we would do the face and legs. So glad she isn't doing 4H anymore
default_wink.png
: :bgrin [/SIZE]

Joy

I have a stallion that is the stallion from heck when it comes to clipping his legs or ears. dont' ask me why! he's aweful and people dont' beleive me when i say how bad he is. I'm usually not at all for twitching..but when t comes down to it.. i'd rather him be twitched than me hurt.. NOW that being said.. one twitch doesn't even work on him. I've twitched both ears, nose and had 2 people practically sitting on him and rolling his shoulder and he STILL flings us around.. it's MISERABLE. he's an awesome driving horse but i've seriously considered just not showing him again bceause it makes it all so unenjoyable! he's fine with his body and head..just not the ears or legs..

My Friends has the WORST boy for this. I dont know what will help .. Hes a "B" size and he just FREAKS he'll buck you no problem if your trying to do his legs he literally has bucked her several times in the face. Its REALLY frustrating we cannot get him done as he is a SHOW horse and has 1 inch long hair on his legs its just horrible :eek: Help?

lol well to show my stallion yesterday my dad tied his back leg up by wrapping a rope around his neck and then we twitched his ear..it was still a battle but I didn't come out bloody this time..and only had a few bruises and it only took two of us..LOL

I've twitched both ears
Be really careful twitching ears - I wouldn't recommend it at all. Ears are so sensitive you can do some serious damage to them unintentionally. I've seen it done more than a few times, and I saw a mare completely explode years ago under the same circumstances - she had clips on her nose and both ears, and people all over her, and she just completely lost it. Took a bunch of people to get the clips off even. Better to tranquilize if they are that bad.

Jan

Latest posts

Back