help find Buttons

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the update!! the poor things! hoping and praying they find Buttons really soon and that surgery goes well for Angie, and Desi's eye heals quickly

and their farm is able to be repaired really fast!!

Oh no...
default_no.gif
. I hope they find their horse.

Thanks Jules for the updates. How horrific and sad. Prayers!

Thanks for the updates. I so hope they find Buttons!! I'm praying for that and that the injured mares all recover quickly. What a nightmare.
default_no.gif

Those injuries sound horrific, sending prayers and healing thoughts for their smooth and speedy recovery.

Prayers still being said for little Buttons and ((((HUGS)))) for Melinda at this stressful and tragic time.

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Anna

I was so hoping to read some good news! I am sending prayers and hugs for Melinda and Lord only knows how much we are all praying for these poor horses. Buttons please find your way home safe and sound.
pray.gif
pray.gif

Lavonne-will you please message me and let me know if Melinda needs anything? I would like to send her something to help with this.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Thanks to Lavonne, Amanda, and Julie for helping to keep you all updated! It has been like living through a nightmare here. My worst fear has always been being hit by a tornado and it has now happened. Luckily we have no fatalities as of yet, Buttons is missing but I am hoping still alive since we found fairly fresh tracks yesterday. A mare that I had been borrowing from a friend of ours had her tendons on one back leg severed and has had surgery to repair the tendons, now the big concern is making sure that infection stays out of the open joint. Carrie a mare that I just purchased from my parents had a stick from one of the fallen trees stabbed in next to her rectum. The stick is approx 9in long and about the width of a broom handle, it did not tear into the rectum and at this point her and the other mare are both stable. The vet is just hoping that he got all of the wood out and didnt leave any splinters, he checked as much as he safely could so now all we can do is wait and see on both of them. Both mares are exposed for next year as well. Angie, my show mare, has a broken knee and will be going for surgery tomorrow so hope all goes well. Desi, my yearling mare, has an eye injury that we are having to treat but it should heal alright. Two of my foals got pretty good cuts on their legs from playing on the tin after the storm before we could get it all picked up but both seem to be healing well, we are keeping them clean and wrapped. I put some grain out by the fields where there are open places or paths to hopefully lure Buttons out if she is still in there. Thanks again for everything and hopefully I will be able to report good news from now on.

Melinda, thank you so much for finding the time to update us. I am sending prayers that all will go well.

Where machine shed used to be:

268267_2003187557318_1172460008_31865677_3776449_n.jpg

Pasture where majority of injured horses and Buttons were, if you look in background you can see some of the debri, it went on into the corn field too. Freckles was found straight out from tree.

284655_2003187837325_1172460008_31865678_4172888_n.jpg

Mare and foal pasture

269411_2003188197334_1172460008_31865680_6249690_n.jpg

268323_2003187957328_1172460008_31865679_1421828_n.jpg

Tree that hit our house.

270435_2003188397339_1172460008_31865681_8014365_n.jpg

lm so sorry that this has happened to you and l pray that buttons is found safe and well

Thoughts and prayers headed your way.
default_pray.gif
So hoping that you find Buttons. Thanks for sharing, your pictures just show how devastating these awful storms can be.
default_no.gif
It has been a terrible year for so many. Speedy recovery wishes for those horses injured.

Oh Melinda I am truly sorry and prayers are going out to you and your family and all of the horses, How horrible of a situation. Hope all is going good and you find Buttons soon. I can't even imagine how heartwrenching dealing with all of this has to be for you. God Bless

Barb Davis

That's a good idea to take the stallion with you when you walk out there and look. I used to track down our herd of big horses using our stallion as a 'wrangle horse' and he was NEVER wrong and seemed to know where those horses were a couple of miles before they were ever sighted. They have an uncanny knack for finding them.

I am so sorry for all the injuries and hope everyone heals ok and still praying for Buttons to turn up safe and sound. It just seems odd that she is not coming back to her home place where her buddies are.

Melinda it is so good to hear from you and we really appreciate you coming here to give us an update at what must be such a beyond stressful time for you.

The pictures of the damage done to your place are amazing and horrific at the same time. How you all managed to survive is a miracle. I hope your injured girls and foals heal successfully very soon.

Am still adding my prayers to all the others for the safe and healthy return of little Buttons. If not a stallion, do you have a reliable dog who could walk with you on your searches. A dog might spot or smell a horse that is hidden away in the undergrowth either because it is stressed/frightened/injured, whereas us humans might miss it?

Good luck, I hope you or someone finds her very soon.

Anna

I just saw on FB where they found her!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
Prayers answered!

Don't know. She said she'd give details later. But at least she's alive!

Latest posts

Back