Help, constipated? yearling...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must say that the first thing I thought about suggesting was to feed him a Fiber One bar! Lol.

Hi everyone,

Laurie, I am so very very sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere sympathies. This must be so hard.

Danu is fine now! I am relieved. Still keeping a very close eye on him, but he not longer has the huge bloated belly he had since I got him in February! I am very happy about that. The boys are back out in the paddock, got them trimmed yesterday and I keep wetting the hay. I will start the Juvenile feed in a few days, gradually and soaked. I think for the summer I will keep soaking the hay, to make sure enough water gets into the horses! In the winter they always end up swallowing snow with the hay and wet hay would freeze, not as good. It is not alfalfa but thank you very much for the warning. I will keep feeding the first cut hay - my vet's advice. She says the second cut is to rich for them (here in QC) and they are more at risk of founder. Don't want that either!

I thank you so much for so delicately and in a lovely respectful manner inducing me into calling the vet. I was a possibility, but I saved a day or two of waiting thanks to your advice and maybe it saved an impaction. So I am very grateful!

for now all is well!

Back