HELP, AMHA papers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepeppylass

Reaction score
I tried calling AMHA but I can't get through to anyone. I have an opportunity to "rescue" this mare from a bad situation, but she only has the temporary cert. of registration, Does anyone here know what it takes to get her full papers at age 13? I am clueless, but feel like I need to get this mare out of where she is at and clean her up, get things in order and either keep her or place her in a knowledgeable home. Take a look at her papers and let me know what you think. a diamond in the rough or better left selling as grade?

11073009_10152929990814118_1689360183_n.jpg11081656_10152929978029118_1505265248_n.jpg11084563_10152929977879118_1334982668_n.jpg

Is the person you are buying her from the current owner on her papers? If so, just have her sign a transfer. To bring her permanent with AMHA you will need to pay the transfer fee and the Permanent registration fee for after 6 months ($50.00)

Pacific Pintos is one of the best breeders on the west coast. You can find her web site on google. She would probably more than willing to help you since this mare is of her breeding. Definitly worth looking into getting her papers in order.

I'm buying her tomorrow for dirt, I mean dirt cheap. She'll come home and start with a vet visit. Then we'll go from there. Papers were not kept up but should have a signed transfer, if not I have means to get a hold of the last known owner, and get it sorted out.

Yes!!! Pacific pintos has amazing miniatures! I would call her and tell her about this mare!!!

Congrats on your new mare!!! How exciting! I know you will get her back to health in no time!

I can't read her pedigree, it's not clear enought for mr to see for some reason :/

Last edited by a moderator:
once the deal is final and I have her home I will call. It sounds like this mare needs some work, I'm buying her sight unseen (I have only seen pictures and testimony from the lady in charge of the sale) so this will be an interesting new adventure.

Dam: Las Doradas tiffanys lace

Sire: Pacific Maverick

theyre really hard for me to make out too. but that's what I get when I zoom in and squint. lol

If you can get a signed transfer from the owner of record, you would just need to join AMHA and pay the late fee(s) for temp to permanent. Assuming she measures 34" or under of course. This is when it helps to have the Studbook so you can check on her ownership without having to call AMHA.

If you can get a signed transfer from the owner of record, you would just need to join AMHA and pay the late fee(s) for temp to permanent. Assuming she measures 34" or under of course. This is when it helps to have the Studbook so you can check on her ownership without having to call AMHA.
I am brand new to minis, just have one AMHA/AMHR mare right now, adding this one to my collection tomorrow. I will be joining AMHA tomorrow when I get all my paperwork sorted and ready.Just wanted to know if this mare was worth diving into!

If you are able to get her dirt cheap, and her health isn't too far run down, then she should be worth. Pacific minis are pretty darn nice.

sounds like shes just overdue for a trim, vaccines and wormings out of date. unsure of her weight status as of yet.

Joanne still has her dam as a brood mare and you can see her horses at pacificpintos.com

She breeds beautiful horses!

Latest posts

Back