Hello from Kentucky

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlet Meadows

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'll be getting my first mini in August/September.
I've always had dark colored draft crosses. My new baby is cream with blue eyes.
Completely different and in left field for me.
Any helpful suggestions to protect his skin and eyes would be greatly appreciated.

Hello! I would think a fly mask would be enough for his eyes, if they are sensitive. But I don't know what you would need to protect his skin. Usually light colored horses still have dark skin and don't need anything, it's the pinto markings that get you into trouble. But if he's got pink skin under light hair you may have to do nighttime turnout during the summer.

Welcome! I have no doubt you'll find loads of resources and good information here. Greetings from the great-white-north! Alberta, Canada
Hello! I would think a fly mask would be enough for his eyes, if they are sensitive. But I don't know what you would need to protect his skin. Usually light colored horses still have dark skin and don't need anything, it's the pinto markings that get you into trouble. But if he's got pink skin under light hair you may have to do nighttime turnout during the summer.
Thank you for the advice!

Latest posts

Back