Heading to Nationals maybe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie

Reaction score
I might go to Nationals, hoping my mare goes even if I don't. Just wondering what hotels are close - where do you stay. I'm not much for camping out, so a stall is out!!! Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Barbie

We stayed at the hotel right on the grounds. It's a little pricey, but it's right there and convenient.

I personally did not enjoy my stay last time at the hotel on the grounds. I was really turned off with the service they gave me and I've had trouble with them in the past. Like ruffian said it is convenient cause it is right there on the grounds but I just would not stay there. Double Tree hotel I guess is the host hotel but they are too expensive for me with $79 a room a night and my parents have stayed there before and told me I wouldn't like staying there because of the long walk between the actual hotel and the parking garage. I'm personally staying at the Tulsa Selects it was the cheapest.

I'm staying at the Microtel (on the show grounds). The cost is $89.95 and I plan to share the room to reduce the cost. Apparently they have just finished renovating/upgrading it, so hopefully it will be ok.

Two separate times I have stayed at the Microtel (hotel on the grounds). The 1st time I was sharing a room with 2 other forum members and then 2 yrs ago Deb, my daughter Taylor and I stayed there. Yes, it is a little spendy (considering the prices of other hotels in the area), BUT if you are mainly just going to sleep there and spend most of your time at the showgrounds, then I think the convenience is worth it. You can go rest during the day if you want...and the exercise is good, too...lol

I have not stayed at any of the other hotels in the area, so I can't tell you which ones are best.

Deb and I are once again sleeping in a stall. Not bad once you get used to the lights, noise and you have a decent air mattress! I'm all for ONLY spending $70 for my whole stay vs. $70/per night...but i know it's not for everyone and IF we had the funds, I would rather stay in a hotel.

Oh...another option is a condo. I know some people stay in those, which have kitchens, etc and are cheaper than hotels.

It will really depend on what your priorities are in a place to stay...convenience, price, amenities, location, etc.

I hope you do come to Nationals Barbie!
default_yes.gif

When we go we usually drive ourselves and our trailer has living quarters, so we stay on site, but one year the trainer took our horses and we flew out. We rented a car, which I hated, but we stayed at the Best Western, It's only a few miles away, there was a restaraunt on site and they served a good breakfast. I don't remember the cost per night, but we stayed in a very nice double room that had a fridge and micro. You can call the hotel for a reservation, and get directions at the airport when you rent your car.

Last year we stayed at a placed called Guesthouse Suites Plus in Tulsa. I don't remember how close it was to the fairgrounds but it wasn't too far. The suites are very nice, almost like being at home. They feature fully equipped kitchens with standard sized appliances and utensils, fireplace, tv, phone, ironing board, toaster, hair dryer, coffee maker, desk and chair. They also have a fitness center, pool, guest laundry, internet and allow pets. It was around $60 last year.

I have stayed at the Double tree, I think thats what it is called. SBout 5 mins from the show. REALLY nice room. I stayed with Pat B. Last year I did not get to go because I had surgery and did not heal well enough to travel. But we are planning on going this year, God willing. I hope to see you there Barbie, I would REALLY like to met you!

Last year we stayed at a placed called Guesthouse Suites Plus in Tulsa. I don't remember how close it was to the fairgrounds but it wasn't too far. The suites are very nice, almost like being at home. They feature fully equipped kitchens with standard sized appliances and utensils, fireplace, tv, phone, ironing board, toaster, hair dryer, coffee maker, desk and chair. They also have a fitness center, pool, guest laundry, internet and allow pets. It was around $60 last year.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn last year, it was quite nice. Had a neat little breakfast every morning in the lobby, coffeepots, etc. But, after reading this post, I think I'm going to book at the Guesthouse!

I'm inviting you to stay in Tam and Dan's trailer. Hey, what are friends for? Let's go crash 'em!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

Hey Marty - don't think they are going this year!!!! That's what happens when your son is the quarterback on the football team - they can't spare DJ even for one game. Would be fun though - you can come out anyway!!!!!

I'm still checking out places - appreciate all the information. When I search for the Guesthouse, they say the website/hotel in Tulsa isn't found. Will keep on searchin'!!!!

Barbie

I really wanted to go but with family issues had to change my plans. So I'm hoping you all have a great time.

I'm still checking out places - appreciate all the information. When I search for the Guesthouse, they say the website/hotel in Tulsa isn't found. Will keep on searchin'!!!!

Barbie

Try this website: www.guesthouseintl.com

I saved a brochure from last year. If you'd like their phone number I can give you that too.

WE HAVE USUSALLY STAYED AT CRESTWOOD SUITES, ABOUT 3 MILES FROM FAIRGOUNDS, LAST YEAR AND AGAIN THIS YEAR WE ARE GETTING A 2 BEDROOM, 2 BATH, PULL OUT SOFA AND A FULL KITCHEN. ITS REALLY HANDY IF YOUR GOING TO BE THERE AWHILE (WITH THE KITCHEN) AND IF YOU BOOK FOR A WEEK I THINK THE RATES ARE JUST 69.99 PER NIGHT. YOU CAN ALSO GET ONE BEDROOM WITH THE FULL KITCHEN.

Back