Hay rack rides

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhorseladie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure what this is, I guess a warning. This is the time of year that we send our children off on hay rack rides all over. Please read this artical. The child who was killed was my Mom's cousin's boy...the same age as my oldest son... Very heart breaking, so please be careful with your babies...freak accidents do happen!

North Platte Telegraph

I am so sorry for your family - That is very sad
no.gif

Not meaning to sound cold but things happen all the time. Its what creates awareness of our surroundings. Care must be taken in everything we do to prevent tragedy's such as this. But I have given hay rides for many years without incidents and will continue to do so. On two separate occasions I have asked people to remove their unruly children and made them ride the rest of the trip in our following vehicle. Hayrides are meant to be pleasurable memorable experiences, where a child is creating a situation that stops the enjoyment for others it tends to reduce the enjoyment for others.

I'm very sorry to hear that tragic news. My condolences to you and yours.

God bless

Fran

Geese,

there isn't anything cold about it. I don't know the child personally, he just shared my genes. I just wanted to remind people that these things do happen and to be aware and maybe a little extra careful. I am guessing this was a freak deal, but if I can save one life because someone read the artical and made them sit in or not on the front end...well then that means something to me. I have five children, these kinds of things make me appreciate them and want to protect them more.

We all share the loss of your family member. Again in all of our endevors we need to do all that is humanly possible to prevent accidents to all people and animals involved. Regards Vic

That's a very sad thing to have happen to anyone child or adult.

Latest posts

Back