Have you ever heard of this?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitsy

Reaction score
We have a beautiful five year old mare that we have never been able to get in foal. I have owned her since she was a yearling. This year I decided to take her into the clinic and have a uterine scope done to see if we could find a reason. The scoping showed a considerable amount of scarring in the uterus. The vets are pretty much baffled. The only reason they could come up with was that perhaps she had had a uterine infection that had cleared up on its own but had left behind a LOT of scar tissue. Anyone ever had anything like this? We are all pretty confused here.

That's a new one on me. I have a 5 year old too that I've had since she was 6 months and she's never gotten bred. Guess I'd better have her checked..

Ginny StP

Bitsy

I had an AQHA maiden mare as a 6 year old that happened to and I was told it was an uterine infection.

I wasn't 100% surprised because her vulva was tilted a bit and that can cause more and/or frequent infections (depending on how steeply tilted it is) from manure ebtering when she defecates. I usually pass up a mare that I intend to breed with this but I took a chance because she was such an awesome horse with an awesome pedigree. I have heard of this happening to others also

Latest posts

Back