Has Anyone Tried...?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone that sells colts and stallions has ever tried giving a rebate to make sure they are gelded? Making the rebate available only after they prove that the horse or colt has been gelded. What time frame do you give the person to receive the rebate?

What few I have sold, I haven't--and wouldn't--I would just geld them myself before selling. I personally do not want to get into refunding money somewhere down the road.

As a buyer a rebate is of little interest to me. Unless I know the seller I would be sceptical that i would ever see the rebate- it is easy to say they will refund money but I do believe there is a certain percentage if people who wouldn't actually refund the money when it came time to do so. So, I would bypass such an offer and buy a colt that had an acceptable price tag without any rebate. Goodness knows I've gelded more than my share of colts-some of which I've raised and some of which I have bought.

Latest posts

Back