Has anyone had Ear Tubes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaladar

Reaction score
I am to have a tube put in my right ear, and I can not find any information on the web about this being done in a adult. We are retired Military, so every time I go in I see someone new, as the Drs are coming and going to/from the Sandbox...
default_no.gif
, and the last guy couldn't really tell me much, as he has never seen it done in a adult. (just great, isn't it???)

Anyway, has anyone had this done when older? I have had diagnosed fluid in my right ear for about 30 years, (I can't remember when I haven't had the wonderful feeling of fluid sloshing around in there, vertigo, and my hearing depends on the amount of fluid and pressure, oh , and the LOUD ringing)

I have taken every different thing the Dr's can think of, and it comes back, so they decided before I completely lose my hearing, I need to try draining it with a tube inserted. I am starting to get reallllllly nervous about this.

???

Thanks,

Sue

Sue I had it done about 10 years ago. It is called a myringotomy if it is the same thing. The tube stayed in for about 1 1/2 years and the only thing I had to do was make sure I didn't get water in the ear. It was strange when it came out as it was attached to a small wire. Weird but it worked! I have had no problems since and the ear drains as it should.

The main thing is I don't have the dizzies as I used to call them.

I am to have a tube put in my right ear, and I can not find any information on the web about this being done in a adult. We are retired Military, so every time I go in I see someone new, as the Drs are coming and going to/from the Sandbox...
default_no.gif
, and the last guy couldn't really tell me much, as he has never seen it done in a adult. (just great, isn't it???)

Anyway, has anyone had this done when older? I have had diagnosed fluid in my right ear for about 30 years, (I can't remember when I haven't had the wonderful feeling of fluid sloshing around in there, vertigo, and my hearing depends on the amount of fluid and pressure, oh , and the LOUD ringing)

I have taken every different thing the Dr's can think of, and it comes back, so they decided before I completely lose my hearing, I need to try draining it with a tube inserted. I am starting to get reallllllly nervous about this.

???

Thanks,

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
Sue the one thing I did want to add. Don't feel bad if the ringing comes back. I have it in my ears still. It came back after about 6 months and I just deal with it. Sometimes worse than others. If I have talking or music in the background I don't even notice it. I will talke the ringing anytime over the dizziness and being off balance a most of the time.

Please let me know how you do.

Gini

Thanks again Gini!! I go in on Tuesday.

And thanks Dali1111.

I appreciate any input.

I am feeling much better about it.

Sue
default_smile.png

Sue, wanted to check in here to find out how it went yesterday. Let us know when you can, and in the meantime I'm praying that this was a good outrcome.

Gini

Sue, wanted to check in here to find out how it went yesterday. Let us know when you can, and in the meantime I'm praying that this was a good outrcome.
Gini
Thank-you Gini! I just came on to pm you and let you know it went very well. Only hurt a tiny bit when he blew in the stuff to deaden my eardrum, (no shots..someone else I know said they had SHOTS inside the ear...!!!) he told me everything he was doing, only a tiny bit of dizzyness when the fluid was sucked out, and no pain at all when the tube was put in. He gave me antibiotic ear drops to use for 3 days. It does ache a tiny bit, but do-able.....he said that would stop within a couple of days.

I can hear !!!!!!! it sounds a little echo-ee, but I can hear !! And cold air going directly into your inner ear is not pleasant, (duh!!!) but ear muffs will fix that.LOL

All in all, so far , no problems and I would do it again if needed.

Thanks again,

Sue
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin

Sue, I'm so glad all went well. You will feel better and better daily and soon the echo will go away. Took me less than a week and it was gone. Your right the cool air going into the inner ear isn't pleasent. I kept a small piece of cotton in for a couple of days until it healed. Not too far in tho.....

I would also do it again in a heart beat.. It's now onward and upward the worst is behind you.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back