Has anyone built this hay feeder for minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally love it. After being knocked down once by my brats I am all for the separation part. They are sweethearts as long as not competing for feed. I will be waiting for replys too.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot imagine a bunch of horses all happily eating beside each other.

I also don't always feed my horses the same thing, and try to give them space from one another...but guess if one is feeding a huge herd, this might have to be the way to do it. When one does feed them as a lot...how do you know that all the horses are getting fed?

Seems to me that you would end up with some fat and sassy "A-type" boss mares, and some pretty left out and hungry "lower on the totem-pole" horses in the back ground waiting to clean up the crumbs.

I should add here....I'm considering this for my use...we only have 5. They all eat well together, except for one of the horses who can be bossy, but this would be 8 feet long, and able to be eaten from on both sides. So I wouldn't be feeding a large herd here, only two mini horses and three mini donkeys....

DOubt it would be practical for a larger herd...unless you had several...and then it would be a lot of work and materials!

Angie

I recognize this feeder... I think someone on here a long time ago was going to make one, but dont remember who it was. I wonder if they ever did and how it worked out for them. I may print this off and try it myself, since I need some more.

I also have a couple of bossy ones, one in particular, and the double sided feeders are nice, but I also have some that eat much faster than others, so my winter pastures will probably be split by who needs more or longer to eat, than others as well.

Hmmmm, I might have to take a closer look at this.... could be workable for me too!

Back