harness repair question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeaky

Reaction score
Hi,

On the bottom half of the girth of my harness, there are two pieces of leather held together by a string to keep the wrap straps attached to the girth. This string has fallen off and I can't seem to find it anywhere in the arena. I was wondering if anyone knew of something I could use for this? I have emailed the harness maker, but I think they are on their way to nationals, as I haven't heard back from them and they are usually pretty prompt. The ones are pretty tiny, so shoe laces won't work (already tried that). It had very fine, small rolled thread that held it together, but I haven't found anything like it at the fabric stores.

thanks!

Amanda

Try a shoe repair shop if you have one in your area.

I am not sure what you need, but would zip ties work until you can contact the harness maker?

My girths have a sewn leather piece holding the ties so I can't quite visualize your girth. I have had them resewn a few times.

I like the idea of the shoe repair store. They'd certainly have experience with heavy waxed thread and stitching leather!

Leia

I cannot picture what you are describing; I've never seen a girth that is fixed that way. Mine all have a little tab of leather sewn to the girth--and the wrap strap piece runs through that. You could get yours fixed that way--likely a shoe repair place could do it for you, provided they have the right kind of leather to use for that little tab.

Latest posts

Back