Happy News! (sorry Peggy, not yet)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Yep, we have Happy News! 2 babies!

At 4:14 this morning Red presented us with a red colt! And this is so wierd and making me REALLY nervous!

This is the second time. I woke up a little after 4 for some reason. Looked at the monitor and she was lying down...maybe moved a little? So I get up to take a closer look. She is down and pushing and I see the BUBBLE!!! Thank you Lord I went to bed in my clothes! Yelling at Frank as I'm running through the house. Get to the barn and 2 feet and a nose presenting and that boy is out!

Would the pager have gone off????????? Eventually? I am going to be so totally paranoid for her next foal! Two times this has happened. What does it take me to run from our bedroom to the barn? 60 seconds? Probably no more than that. What if I had slept 2 minutes longer? The sack didn't tear when he was out so would it have?

Why did I wake up? this is exactly what happened 2 years ago except at 2 a.m. She had been setting the pager off multiple times per night while sleeping so why not when she was actually foaling?

Here is our beautiful red boy who needs a name with 'Star' in it. any suggestions appreciated!

redcolt2-1.jpg

redcolt.jpg

And our second Happy News is Silver Star's black filly! She is almost 3 weeks old and I haven't posted her announcement because I can't get pictures! Whenever I take pictures of our black foals they are just a black blob pretty much. I thought it was me, but maybe it's my camera?

starfillyweb.jpg

So I finally get a picture where you can see some definition and I cut off her nose! Do you think the lack of definition I usually get is the camera? This is the best I've done with having taken over 50 pictures.

I think this filly is named Reflections Follow Your Star.......or maybe Follow A Star? Which sounds best? She is going to be ultra refined like her full sister....very elegant.

Charlotte

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on a gorgeous pinto colt!!

I think there is a delay in the pager before it goes off so in case the mare gets right back up, it doesn't go off. Check the instructions - or do more testing. I am pretty sure when we tested our Equipage we found this out.

Hi Targetsmom, This is the same Breeder Alert system I've had for years and I've never had this problem with any other mare. It is freaking me out! And she sets it off just fine when she's sleeping. There is a delay, but this is way beyond what the delay should be. and why just this mare? I can't tell on the monitor, but I'm wondering if she isn't putting her head all the way down?

Geez

Charlotte

default_wub.png

Cute
default_smile.png

Cute
default_smile.png

2 Babies.......
default_wub.png

Nice to have 2 together, so they will be best buds in the pasture!

Congratulations Charlotte and Frank!!!! You know I LOVE those Skipper foals.
default_wub.png
Gorgeous babies!

Hmm...maybe Folly needs to come live here with her half-sisters?
default_wink.png

I think Follow Your Star sounds better than Follow A Star.

Wow...congrats...

They are both so beautiful and Sam is really happy about his little sister... I think ...Follow A Star... JMHO :O)

And that beautiful boy with the incredible head... go Red!!! She did it again!

How bout....hmmm will have to put some thought into it... but...

Reflections Red Star Rising

" Star Ready or Not

" Star Tyour Engines (ok... I like Start Your Engines....but I needed Star in it!)

Waiting on SB PEGGY!!!!! you need to go down there and have a talk with her!

They are both Adorable, Charlotte!!

Susan O.

Congrats on your new ones! They are so pretty
default_wub.png

I have Equiphone and with two of my mares it didn't go off until AFTER the foal was out. Of course, it went off incessantly in the nights before that LOL

Luckily we had been using the Mother Nature strips and watching them closely so we were in the living room in our clothes waiting for them to go down both times LOL One mare foaled standing up but the other one kept laying flat then swinging her head up. I guess she didn't put her head all the way down long enough to set the alarm off until just before he was out. Then there's a slight delay before the phone rings so by the time my phone started ringing in my pocket I was already drying off our REDBAG baby.

Charlotte, I've had a couple who did exactly that - didn't lay their heads down flat at least until they were well into foaling. heart attack time lol. Glad you got there in time, very nice colt!

I have the same issue with black horses, not just your camera!

Jan

Gorgeous foals, Charlotte! Congratulations!

Please tell my girl it is TIME!

Peggy

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah 2 lovely foals! I had something similar happen this year. I don't use the breeders alert systems...mostly because most of my mares will sleep flat out on their sides towards the end. I just doze and watch the moniter. When Sassy foaled I just happened to wake up at 4:45 and looked at the moniter...hmmmm, what is she doing? Sure enough she started laying down, getting up and down again so out I went. I think sometimes we get that mom's "sixth sense" when we've been doing this for a while.
default_smile.png

Red Star Express!

Red Star Redemption

Congrats on the babies!

I've had that too Charlotte. If the mare rocks up & down (lifting her head) before the set seconds it needs to go off, it won't.

Always listen to your gut like Charlotte did!
default_yes.gif

They are both adorable.

My 5 year old son is a huge fan of tornadoes. He draws them on everything! I asked him to come take a look at your little guy he said it looked he has a tornado on his rump.

Very cool!

Kim

Latest posts

Back