Halloween is coming

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyJ

Reaction score
Halloween is a big deal in my area of Pennsylvania. There are 3 different parades in my school district, alone. The parades are at night and people who live along the route usually have big parties.

One of the parades is a small parade right down the street from my house. It will be an easy walk, so I want to take our two yearling minis in it. I'm not very creative, so I was wondering if anyone here at the forum had ideas about costumes for both the horses and handlers. Something simple would be great. Of course, just having the horses in the parade will be a thrill. I'm sure everyone watching will get a kick out of seeing them.

Let's see if anyone out there has ever done a Halloween Parade before or has a good idea for a theme. I know there are a lot of creative people on the forum.

Sandy

Both my minis are in our Homecoming Parade each year. We dress them up like a football player and cheerleader. I use size 4X t-shirt (front legs in arm holes, head goes throug neck opening. I cut it up the middle so the opening is at their tummy and use velcro or ties to loosly join the ends. For the football player...I cut out big white felt numbers for each side of outfit and sewed on 2 white stripes along the edges of the sleeves and hem. I purchased 2 pairs of little girl knee socks and cut the foot part out. Slipped one onto each lower leg. I made a "helmet" from a piece of white cloth and put holes in it for the ears to stick out of. We used a paint pen and drew our teams logo on the sides of it. For the Cheerleader, I made the same outfit using a size 4X t-shirt. Detailed it with white stripes along the edges. Got mini pompoms (used for real cheerleaders pontails) and tied them around the top of their hooves. Found a mini-megaphone that we decorated with "rah-rah's" and "go team" with a paint pen, and tied a ribbon around and looped that around the mini's neck. The megaphone dangled on her lower chest. We put ribbons in their manes and tails and of course...they are the "hit" of the parade!

Ballarina (tutu, pink leg raps, glitter, ect.), devil(devil horns and tail, gold hoof polish, ect), witch (witch aht, black sheet, cobwebs, spiders, ect.), fairy(wings, glitter, wand, ect.), cowboy (cowboy hat, jeans, vest, lasso, ect.), the list could go on and on LOL!

does it have to be scary? If, not here is what my daughter dressed up as at one of our shows...101 dalmations
caitdalmation.jpg
less the 100 dalmations
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

here is another idea...my daughter and the BIG BAD WOLF...lol, ok its our sweet little mare Oreo - who was none to thrilled to be wearing a big hairy suit
laugh.gif
caitcostume.jpg

Years ago I did the Sleepy hollow thing ( headless horseman/woman, whatever LOL ) , scared the bejeeebies out of a neighbor boy who is now SO terrified of horses it isnt funny. Next time I'll go as raggedy ann LOL

These are sure cute...

I wish I could sew, I thought Dorothy and Toto would be really cute.

Anyone know any good costume makers?

LOL I did a scary mask and rode my horse around town one year, handing out candy. It was kinda scary for some when they would hear the hoofbeats coming from the darkness and then I would emerge, some were scared to come up and get candy from me.
unsure.gif

SheriTangoHalloween3sm.jpg

Pepipony said:
Years ago I did the Sleepy hollow thing ( headless horseman/woman, whatever LOL ) , scared the bejeeebies out of a neighbor boy who is now SO terrified of horses it isnt funny. Next time I'll go as raggedy ann LOL
478288[/snapback]

Latest posts

Back